Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• I was making my own map, and this showed up when I clicked "Free Game", lua error : File:------------------(something)------expected near's' . This error is usually caused by modding. The syntax of some game resources is not correct.

Is my cities too near to each other?
    Or else? I'm new in modding ?(

• Is this the original error message?

If you want some helpful feedback, please give us full information (e.g. full error message, map.lua,…)

Xubuntu 18.04 64bit – MSI Z170A GAMING PRO Carbon – Intel Core i7-6700K – ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 OC (Treiber 384.90) – 40GB DDR4 RAM Transport Fever Build 15434

• @natahn This error message is usually caused by errors in your mod.lua. The error message displays the exact line and symbol(s) which are placed wrongly or missing.
    These messages have nothing to do with city placement but only with the coding of your files. The line "expected at" in your error message usually points out a missing comma or other missing symbols in the lua code.

Like Atomic Dad said, it would be nice to have the full error message in order to give you further advice.

System: Intel i7 4770K @3,96GHz, Asus Strix Geforce GTX1070 OC 8GB, 16 GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, 850W XFX NT, 4,5 TB HDD, 240 GB Crucial BX200 SSD;
    125028-basf-de-25-png

• Thanks for both of you to help me.
    The whole Lua error:

File:maps/HKSAR(L)/map.lua

maps/HKSAR(L)/map.lua:63:')' expected near's'

This error is usually caused by modding. The syntax of some game resources is not correct.

and here's the map.lua (I changed it to .txt for uploading):map.txt
    BTW, I download the things from the Map Creation Tool and it has been popping out the error before I make any changes to it.

• Oh, this error is caused of the ' (single quote) in People's. At this point you close the description's text. To fix this error change the outer single quote to double quotes and it all should works fine.

Code: map.lua
    description = _("Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China.

Hand placed cities.

This is my first T:F map and I hope u like it."),

To avoid such an error in future, don't mix single and double quotes

Xubuntu 18.04 64bit – MSI Z170A GAMING PRO Carbon – Intel Core i7-6700K – ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 OC (Treiber 384.90) – 40GB DDR4 RAM Transport Fever Build 15434

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Atomic Dad ()

• Why did you expects the error at author?

May I explain the errormessage given by TpF in short?

File:maps/HKSAR(L)/map.lua

Here we get the file which is erroneous.

maps/HKSAR(L)/map.lua:63:')' expected near's'

Here we get a „detailed“ information about the line – 63, the number after : – where the error is detected. The error message itself gives us a hint, what could be wrong. There is expected a closing bracket ')'. Where the bracket is expected is given at the end of the error message near's'. So we have to find the right character. If you are new in coding/programming in general, it is hard to find which s – there are three occurrences in line 63 – is the „bad“ one. Otherwise you see this error immediately and fix it ;)

• You can try to change the range = {xxx, yyy }, datas, to lower the height difference.

Have you placed the towns yourself? If yes, try to change these as well.

Normally the problem here is, that you have too tight passes on the map or too high mountains, where the game can't find routes for the roads.

• You can try to change the range = {xxx, yyy }, datas, to lower the height difference.

But that will make some areas being flooded though.

Zitat von denedberky

Have you placed the towns yourself? If yes, try to change these as well.

So I should reduce the number of them? Or else?

Btw is there any ways to change the map before putting it in game? I mean smoothing terrain, building roads.....etc.

BlueBrixx