Black models while modding in .dds

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hello. This is a problem that may have already been discussed, but I have not found anything this specific.

So basically when modding I'll start texturing and export my image from GIMP in a .dds format. The first couple of times works fine, then suddenly - no option has changed - the texture I was working on turns pitch black. I have found no way to turn it back to colour other than export it in .tga, and even then the other materials seem to have broke because the other textures are black. In the model editor, when I load the black model, it seems that it blocks for a second and the "model editor (not working)" writing appears before quickly disappearing again.

All of this also happens in-game.

The weird thing is also that it affects only the albedo, where instead the metal gloss map, normal map and dirt/rust map are fine.

I know that my computer's specs aren't really the best, but what's inconceivable is that SOMETIMES it's broken and sometimes is not.

Have you got the same experience? Have you got answers?

Thank you.

• Exit Model Viewer and delete the texture_cache of the model_viewer and disable auto update while exporting dds. If the model viewer is doing an auto update while you are saving the texture exactly that happens, everything turns black and the black (broken) image is written into the texure_cache

BlueBrixx