[Solved] Passengers Unload Then Reload At Mid-Way Stop. Any Workaround?

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• In my latest scenario I'm working a game where it's based mostly around passenger transport and I'm running into an annoying situation that hadn't been noticeable until now.

Example

I have a train that goes to 3 stations. Station A > Station B > Station C > Station B > Station A. Repeat.

So it stops at Station B twice in the circle, once each direction.

At Station A it will show a 50-50 split between passengers heading to B and C. But when the train stops at B most of the passengers that unload get right back on. Logically, any passenger that is heading to C would just stay on the train, but it seems like a large number of passengers are getting off a B and transferring on to the same train to continue to C. This wouldn't big that big of a problem but what ends up happening is, even though there are plenty of open seats left, passengers get left behind on the platform for some reason.

I've also seen this happen sometimes with cargo at a mid-way station where it will dump all the cargo on the platform and pick it back up, but that has been rare since one of the game updates.

Anyone have any workaround or solution to this passenger situation? I've tried a number of things that didn't work and I don't want to have to have different lines running from each individual town.

Having the train wait to fill with a 1 min time limit does help but also not ideal since it can end up sitting there for a long period of time as single passengers board.

• Bit of a visual example since I've been in a test map trying to figure it out.

I have 2 cities on opposite ends of the map with train stations. And I have a station in the middle of a blank map with nothing attached to it.

The Line is as described above with the middle station being stopped at twice.

Even though there are no places for passengers to go, they are still getting off at the middle station and getting back on with many getting left behind, apparently treating the middle station as a transfer point.

I'm starting to think this is just a big bug.

• Did some asking around the Steam discussions and it seems it's a known bug and it's apparently been fixed on the beta build, or at least it says "cargo" so hopefully passengers fits in that category.

Unfortunately I can't test it out since I have my game through GOG and the beta build is only on Steam.

• Spanky McGilligan

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Passengers Unload Then Reload At Mid-Way Stop. Any Workaround?“ zu „[Solved-ish] Passengers Unload Then Reload At Mid-Way Stop. Any Workaround?“ geändert.
  • Hi Spanky McGilligan

the current beta version is available on GOG Galaxy for users who bought the game on GOG.com. To access the beta branch, use the GOG Galaxy client and go to Transport Fever 2 > Settings icon (at the top) > Manage Installation > Configure... and select the Testing branch in the dropdown.

Unfortunately it is not possible to access the beta version for Linux as GOG Galaxy is not available for Linux and the beta channels can't be accessed without the client.

• Yep! Looks like passengers do count as cargo in terms of that fix. I had to let my game run for a bit as they sorted themselves out but they eventually did! What I'm seeing in the Destinations lines up more with what I expected to see and the passengers in the mid-way station aren't piling out and going back in. Unless something else springs up I'm willing to say the issue is fixed. Thank you based guertlms !

• Spanky McGilligan

Hat den Titel des Themas von „[Solved-ish] Passengers Unload Then Reload At Mid-Way Stop. Any Workaround?“ zu „[Solved] Passengers Unload Then Reload At Mid-Way Stop. Any Workaround?“ geändert.
BlueBrixx