China High Speed Railway/Ordinary Railway Dispatching Center~

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• ------------------------

Rest at home today. . . Lying on the bed and flipping through the phone album. . I found some photos of the China Railway Train Dispatching System I taken before.

I chose some photos to share, and I will add some instructions to let you understand how China's high-speed rail/normal trains are controlled and running.

-------------------------

In China, all railways and trains are operated by 18 railway groups, which are managed by the "China National Railway Group Co., Ltd." and are headquartered in Beijing.

The photo below is one of the 18 railway groups I took: Zhengzhou Railway Group Dispatching Center.

------------------------

Zhengzhou Railway Group, in front of the Dispatching Building.

0.jpg    1.jpg

----------------------

An aerial photo of Zhengzhou North Cargo Marshalling Station in 2019. This is the largest freight marshalling station in Asia and one of the departure points of China-Europe trains.

2.jpg

This photo was taken when I was standing on the seventh floor of the railway dispatching center building.

In the photo, you can see a freight train of the China-Europe Express, the middle one with CR containers.

(Zhengzhou, China - Hamburg, Germany, twice a week. Train number X8001 (OLD: 80001). The whole journey is 10245 kilometers, Zhengzhou, China - Kazakhstan - Russia - Belarus - Poland - Hamburg, Germany)

3.jpg

----------------------------

The outer corridor of the IC card data processing department of Zhengzhou North Dispatching Center.

On the wall are oil paintings of railway locomotives painted by the railway staff themselves. Great work of art~

Here, I reveal a data. The total number of employees of the Zhengzhou Railway Group, which was established on March 11, 1949, has now exceeded 90,000.

4.jpg  5.jpg   6.jpg

This is an oil painting by another railway locomotive maintenance worker on the outer wall of the building. . The picture was a little paler, eroded by wind and rain. . .

7.jpg       8.jpg

---------------------------------

Regarding the IC card data center just now, what is an IC card?

It is the data storage card of ordinary locomotive in China, which is inserted into the locomotive LKJ system to run. The card records the driver information, locomotive information, running path, section speed limit, stop stations and other data.

After the driver gets off work, this IC card will be returned to the data center, and the computer will automatically analyze the operating record data of the driver and the locomotive, and analyze and judge the operation of the driver.

I made a screen description of LKJ2000 for everyone in English,

In fact, all ordinary internal combustion/electric locomotives in the world have similar operation and control ideas. . . . Now that the computer is fully controlled, basically you put the speed control handle in the corresponding position, and the train computer will automatically adjust the speed for you and run it according to the speed limit and slope of the line.

Of course, it's the same as a car. . Each locomotive / EMU has a key to start the engine. .

A small extension:

At present, the driver's anti-drowsy device is added to China's high-speed rail/ordinary railway trains. The driver of high-speed rail trains needs to step on the anti-drowsy pedal every 30 seconds. If not stepped on for more than 30 seconds, the LKJ and ATP systems will issue an alarm. After 1 minute, the train will automatically brake and stop.

Of course, curious friends should not try to drive a train secretly. I don't want to see you in the international news. . .:D

9.jpg

--------------------------------

This is the control and dispatch center of the train.

The lines on the big screen are the train running diagrams.

Each line represents the operating range of a train, stopping at the station, and stopping time.

10.jpg

-----------------------------------

The chair on my left is the position of the director of the entire control center. Each console is a unit.

Everything is automated, and the train's location will be displayed on the dispatch center screen through the 5G/GSM/Beidou navigation system.

The black background on the big screen is Zhengzhou Passenger Station, the thick red line represents the current position of the passenger train currently stopping at the station, the train number in the middle, and the two curved white lines represent the two passenger trains running path, all railway signals and railway switch control are completed by computer automation. Each side of Zhengzhou Station can allow 4 passenger trains to enter/exit at the same time.

11.jpg

------------------------------

Look closely at the big screen with a black background,

The white line on the left represents that the C2876 intercity train is about to leave the station. The white lines represent the turnouts and running paths that C2876 will pass. The green dot indicates the green light signal, allowing C2876 to start. This train should be an intercity train using CRH6 EMU, which runs on the Zhengzhou-Jiaozuo intercity railway.

The right side also consists of a white line and a white dot. This is an electric locomotive. It is going to the station to tow passenger trains T198.

A little popular science:

In China, there is usually a shunting signal in front of the turnout. The signal is composed of two lights, a blue light and a white light. . This is a shunting signal machine. The white light means that the driver is allowed to drive the locomotive through the turnout behind the current signal, and the blue light means that it is forbidden to pass.

The white dot on the screen just now indicates that the turnout signal has been turned on, allowing the driver to drive the electric locomotive through the turnout to the next location.

13.jpg

The console composed of these four screens is the high-speed rail dispatching console.

Yes, it is this console, only one person is needed. The computer automatically controls the entry and exit routes and signals of more than 300 high-speed EMUs that day.

The dispatcher only needs to check the information of the high-speed train in front of the computer, and then adjust or input the departure/arrival time of the high-speed train, train number, vehicle formation and other information on the computer. All the rest is handed over to the data server downstairs for automatic analysis and processing.

Technology has really changed everything.

12.jpg

This is the video monitoring room for railway operation.

Here, the entire railway locomotive depot/marshalling station system and the safe operation of the railway will be monitored.

When a railway accident occurs, the monitoring room can directly send railway rescue trains or related rescue personnel to the scene, and directly view and direct the scene rescue work through the 5G system.

Similar to the fire department of an airport.

14.jpg

This is the railway operation video analysis department.

Each train is equipped with a 6A video surveillance system, which records the operating status of a locomotive's driver's cab, locomotive equipment room, locomotive front, side, top pantograph, bogie, and vehicle transmission system. Similar to a driving recorder.

Through the video, you can intuitively check the running status of a locomotive and whether the driver's operation process meets the requirements. When a train fails during operation, technicians can directly see the operation of the failed train through the video, and directly guide the driver to solve the current problems through the 5G video connection. This is part of the safe operation of the railway.

15.jpg

--------------------------

• ------------

Here, let me talk about a little science: China's high-speed rail/normal-speed train number and grade.

1. 300-350KM/h high-speed EMU train number: G1-G9999.

"G" is the first letter of the Chinese "gao-tie" pinyin.

(The train number of CR400AF EMU in the TPF2 game is in this column.)

2.160-300KM/h intercity EMU train number: C1-C9999.

"C" is the first letter of Chinese "cheng-ji" pinyin.

3.160-250KM/h EMU train number: D1-D9999.

"D" is the first letter of Chinese "dong-che" pinyin.

Number of passenger trains from 4.140-160KM/h: Z1-Z9999.

"Z" is the first letter of the Chinese pinyin "zhi-da".

5. Train number of 140KM/h passenger train: T1-T9999.

"T" is the first letter of the Chinese pinyin "te-kuai".

6. Train number of 120KM/h passenger train: K1-K9999.

"K" is the first letter of the Chinese pinyin "kuai-su".

7. 120KM/h ordinary passenger train number: 1001-5998.

This type of early ordinary passenger trains only had digital numbers. (The 22-type passenger train cars in the TPF2 game mostly run on this type of train number.) At present, trains with this type of number have gradually been graded by high-speed rail and K, T. Replaced by the train.

8. 80-120KM/h commuter train number: 7601-8998.

It is generally used for special commuter trains for railway staff/corporate employees to commute to and from work, and only use digital train numbers.

9. The number of the 100-200KM/h temporary passenger train: L1-L9999

"L" is the first letter of the Chinese pinyin "lin-shi". This type of trains is for ordinary trains that are temporarily added in response to traffic peaks. (Generally, GXXX/DXXX, or LDXXX is still used for temporarily adding EMU/high-speed rail train number)

10.120-160KM/h tourist train number: Y1-Y999

"Y" is the first letter of the Chinese pinyin "you". This type of train is used for city-scenic tourism passenger transport services.

-----------

If you come to China, the above is the train number classification that you may encounter when taking a train in China.

If you take a high-speed rail, G/D/C "High-speed rail", "EMU", "Intercity", will be the first letter of the number of the train you take. 300-350KM/h, 160-250KM/h, 160-200KM/h.

If you take a passenger train or an international train on an ordinary line, Z/T/K is the first letter of the number of the train you take. 160KM/h, 140KM/h, 120KM/h.

----------

Other special train numbers:

1. X1-X198 = Luggage express train 160-350KM/h,

X201-X999 = Postal express train 100-160KM/h.

"X" is the first letter of the Chinese pinyin "xing-bao".

2. DJ5501-DJ5599 = High-speed railway safety inspection vehicle. 200-400km/h

"DJ" is the abbreviation of the first letter of the Chinese pinyin "dong-jian".

3. "0DJ-00XXXXX" = The safety confirmation EMU of the high-speed rail line. The first/last EMU running on the high-speed rail that day uses this train number. 0DJ EMU does not carry passengers (Express parcels will be stored in the compartment for express delivery), 0DJ-XXXXX will run the entire high-speed rail line at full speed. This train of EMU is only used to confirm the safety of the entire high-speed rail line and ensure the safe operation of subsequent high-speed rail trains.

----------

Freight train number: 10001-97998

Rescue train number: 58101-58998

China-Europe train number: X8001-X9300 (OLD: 8xxxx1 - 9xxxx)

----------

• Some other photos~~

------------------------

In the maintenance workshop of the locomotive depot, the HXD1B freight electric locomotive is parked in the workshop. In August 2007, China signed a contract with Siemens to develop the HXD1B electric locomotive based on the EG3100 electric locomotive. The locomotive began production in 2009 with a power of 9600KW and a maximum speed. 120KM/h, shaft type CO-CO.

16.jpg    17.jpg

After the workshop was overhauled, the HXD1B freight electric locomotive was parked outside and was ready to be put into operation again.

19.jpg    20.jpg   21.jpg

Outside the repair shop, a DF8B freight diesel locomotive.

This DF8B model was produced in 1997. It has a power of 3680kW, a shaft-type CO-CO, and a maximum operating speed of 100KM/H. It can tow 5000t of cargo and travel at 90KM/h. . .

Now these diesel locomotives have been phased out. It is estimated that I will never see it again in 5 years. . .

18.jpg   23A.jPG

This is the DF8, which was produced in 1984, and 141 units were produced until 1997 when the production was discontinued. It can be said that he is the predecessor of the above DF8B diesel locomotive.

This is a photo of a DF8 diesel locomotive that I took in Wuhan in 2006, and I can no longer see such a car.

22.jpg    23.jpg

---------------------------

Some scrap locomotives photographed in the locomotive depot. . .

I posted this in the photo area before. . .

This is the SS8 passenger electric locomotive. From 1994 to 2001, the power was 3,600 kilowatts, the maximum speed was 160KM/h, and the axle type BO-BO. A total of 245 units were produced. . .

In the past 20 years. . From Beijing to Hong Kong, more than 2,000 kilometers of railway line. . . You can all see the SS8 electric locomotive. . .

27 years have passed. . In addition to some SS8 locomotives entered the railway museum and some railway training schools. . . The other SS8 electric locomotives were scrapped and dismantled in this way.

Goodbye, SS8

24.jpg     25.jpg    26.jpg

Regarding the SS8 electric locomotive, I once photographed the SS8-0199 locomotive in the Wuhan locomotive depot. Just a few months after the photo was taken, the SS8-0199 locomotive was blocked by a foreign body due to the air brake hose. . Cause the train brake to fail. . The two SS8s collided directly. . One of them is the SS8-0199 I shot.

The SS8-0199 locomotive I shot before

29.jpg

0199 locomotive cab, the screen in the middle is the LKJ-2000 operation record system I mentioned earlier.

29A.jpg

A few months after shooting. . .

June 29, 2009. . .

SS8-0199 suffered an accident. . scrapped. .

28.jpg

---------------------------------------

This is the successor of the SS8 electric locomotive. .

HXD1D passenger electric locomotive.

Shaft type CO-CO, with a maximum speed of 200KM/H, started production in 2012 until now. The power is 9600kW.

30B.jpg      30A.jpg

-----------------------------------

The DF7 shunting machine that has been scrapped.

Produced in 1982, subsequent improved models include DF7B, DF7C, DF7D, DF7G, DF7E. Power 1,470 kilowatts, shaft type CO-CO, maximum speed 100KM/H

A little knowledge:

Different from the American-style outer corridor mainline locomotive. China's main trunk diesel locomotives have no external corridor structure.

Only the shunting machine used in the marshalling station adopts the outer corridor structure, which is convenient for the shunting personnel to get on and off the locomotive.

27.jpg

Currently, the successor of the DF7 shunting machine.

HXN3B shunting machine.

2012-now. . Shaft CO-CO, power 3500kW, maximum speed 100km/h

31.jpg

---------------------------

• It's impressive what they've achieved!

Here in Germany, at Deutsche Bahn, a lot is wanted but not done!

Regular delays and train cancellations are unfortunately the order of the day!

Der Mensch ist nicht das, was er vorgibt zu sein - er ist das, was er verbirgt!

• Actually. . Today I turned to the original photos taken on my mobile phone, and I suddenly wanted to compile and write a basic description of China's railway dispatching system. . . . . As a result, I digressed as I wrote. . .^^

Finally, let me add a few locomotives that came with the TPF2 game that I filmed before.

--------------------

DF4B diesel locomotive. It is also a diesel locomotive that comes with the TPF2 game.

This locomotive is divided into passenger/freight versions. The DF4B locomotive was designed in 1965 and put into mass production in 1974, probably more than 4600 units were produced. .

This was the diesel locomotive model with the largest production volume in China at that time. At present, most of the DF4B diesel locomotives have been scrapped and dismantled, or sealed for backup. Some DF4B diesel locomotives were also given to North Korea for free.

The DF4B series locomotives have been in existence for nearly 50 years with high reliability, and nearly 10 follow-up models have been developed, such as DF4A, DF4B, DF4C, DF4D, DF4E, DF4DZ, DF4DK, and DF4DF. It can be said to be the representative model of diesel locomotives in China from the 1980s to the 1990s.

A bit of popular science:

The DF4B diesel locomotive with orange paint is used by default in the TPF2 game, which is a passenger locomotive model.

The appearance of the DF4B passenger/cargo version is the same, the difference lies in the body color and gear ratio.

1. DF4B passenger locomotive:

(Locomotive No. DF4B 2101~2685)

main color of orange, maximum speed 120km/h, diesel engine power 2430kW. Gear ratio: 71/21=3.38

Taken in Wuhan in 2006,Except for some branch railways, DF4B series diesel locomotives can no longer be seen on main railways.

32.jpg    df4b3992.jpg     32a.jpg      32b.jpg

The DF4B driver's cab of a passenger diesel locomotive, taken in Nanchang Locomotive Depot in 2005.

At that time, the Chinese railway locomotives used the LKJ97 running recording device, in the middle of the photo.

At that time I used a film camera to take pictures. . Then I scanned the photos into the computer with a scanner. . So the picture quality is a bit fuzzy. . .

I was fortunate to be able to meet a kind driver at the time and ride a DF4B diesel locomotive smoothly and then took a picture of it. Now, with the continuous increase of railway speed, non-railway personnel can no longer take locomotives. . .

32c.jpg     32e.jpg    32f.jpg

A DF4B which was changed to LKJ2000 and TKS9 driver controller after 2000. .

The picture upload limit is full. . . I can only combine a few pictures into one picture. . .

In the picture on the right, you can see the key to unlock the locomotive when it is powered on. Just like a car, you can't drive this locomotive without this key.:)

34i.jpg

The engine room of a DF4B passenger diesel locomotive was photographed in Nanchang Locomotive Depot in 2005.

32d.jpg

2. DF4B freight locomotive:

(Locomotive No. DF4B 1001~1999) (Locomotive No. DF4B 3101~3999) (Locomotive No. DF4B 3101~3999) (Locomotive No. DF4B 6001~6587) (Locomotive No. DF4B 7001~7796) (Locomotive No. DF4B 7701~7732) (Locomotive No. DF4B 9001~9702)

Dark green main color, maximum speed 100km/h, diesel engine power 2430kW. Gear ratio: 63/14=4.5

The above is the difference between the passenger version and the freight version of DF4B diesel locomotive.

In the game, if you use a DF4B diesel locomotive to transport cargos, remember to set the color to dark green. ^^

33.jpg       34.jpg    33_1666_5.jpg    33_1666_6.jpg

------------------

df4b diesel locomotives are also used in railways in some places and factories. They also have their own distinctive appearance.

1 . Pingyan Railway, DF4B's Hasbro toy factory painting.

Yes, Hasbro Toy Transformers. If you were in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China, you would photograph it..;)

34b.jpg     34c.jpg

2 . DF4B Jinwen Local Railway

34a.jpg

3. DF4B "Big Red Eagle" cigarette advertisement 1990s (this painting has disappeared)

34d.jpg

4. The first diesel locomotive DF4B in the history of Tibet, China.

When the construction of the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau Railway started, a Mercedes-Benz tractor truck was used to transport the DF4B-1083 diesel locomotive onto the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. This locomotive is the first engineering locomotive used in the construction of the Qinghai-Tibet Railway.

34g.jpg

5. From 2006 to 2008, China gave a batch of DF4B diesel locomotives to North Korea for free. . It is currently still used in North Korea.

In the center of the locomotive, you can still see the traces of North Korea smearing and covering the Chinese railway emblem. . .X/

34e.png     34f.jpg

-----------------------------

• The SS9G passenger electric locomotive in TPF2.

SS9G has not been introduced too much. It is actually an upgraded version of the SS9 passenger electric locomotive.

The SS9 series started production in 1998 and ceased production in 2006.

The vehicle number 0001-0043 is the original version of the SS9, and the vehicle number 0044 to 0213 is the improved SS9G.

Although the two models are the same, the appearance is different.

SS9 has a maximum speed of 170KM/H, a maximum power of 5,400 kilowatts, and shaft type CO-CO.

1. SS9: (No. SS9 0001-0043)

45.jpg     46.jpg    47.jpg

2. SS9G: (No. SS9 0044~0213)

The electric locomotive that comes with the TPF2 game is SS9G.

Taken in Wuhan Locomotive Depot

43.jpg    44.jpg    42.jpg    37.jpg

SS9G roof and bogie

38.jpg    39.jpg

The locomotive cab of SS9G. Early version and standard version

If you have read the previous post. . You should be able to recognize the names of some equipment in the cab.;)

48.jpg     49.jpg

In 2006, after the electrification of the Zhe-Gan Railway (now renamed the Hu-Kun Railway) was completed, three SS9G electric locomotives were used to celebrate the opening of railway electrification.

40.jpg

Regarding SS9 and SS9G, the SS9 0004 car is the most representative in the entire series. After a serious accident, the SS90004 car was originally scrapped, but with the SS9G car shell, it was reborn~~

1. In 2004, SS9-0004 electric locomotive.

35 (3).jpg      35.jpg

2. On November 19, 2004, the SS9-0004 electric locomotive rear-ended a freight train in Harbin, causing the locomotive to be scrapped. .

35 (1).jpg

3. In 2005, the Locomotive and Rolling Stock Factory used the SS9G car shell to re-create a SS9-0004 electric locomotive, and it has been used so far. This is the only electric locomotive in China that still uses the scrapped vehicle number and is resurrected with the upgraded car shell. If you are in Shenyang, you can still see it.

35 (2).jpg

-----------------------------------------

• OK, write these first. . . I have been busy at work in the past three months, and I cannot come to the forum often. .

During the holiday at the end of the year, if everyone is interested in the content of these railway introductions. . I can combine the photos I took with some train models of TPF2, and continue to write some related introductions in this post. .

I hope the epidemic will pass quickly. . I was able to travel smoothly to Hamburg, Germany to start a self-driving trip. I want go to the Hamburg train Sand Table Museum. Then film the BR193 electric locomotive. .||

Hope this will be the content of my next post. . .

BlueBrixx