General Performance.

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hello,

I am new here but not to Transport Fever 2. A few 1000 Hours Playing.

Over the last year or so the Performance has been dropping. Yet Computer has not really changed.

Spec:

Intel Core i9 7900X

GFX 1080 8 Gig Running 40 inch 4k Screen.

two Samsung 980 PRO with Heatsink 2TB (SSD)

Ram Corsair DDR4 3200 64 Gig.

The Whole system is Oil Cooled.

So as you can see a good Spec. After Optimizing using the internet Forums as helpful links. The Performance has improved.

But I felt STEAM (Valve) was using system resources more than I Liked.

So I bit the Bullet and Purchased TF2 from GOG.

Disabled Steam Uninstalled TF2 From STEAM.

Now does it perform. I still Get minor stutters, Every FIVE minutes or so. :):):)

But compared to STEAM Every 20 to 30 Seconds. :evil::evil::evil::evil:

In Conclusion has anyone got anything to add, I do all the optimisations in the following link which did help a lot.

Performance Improvements.

Regards Stephen AKA (Lankspeed)

• Zitat

So as you can see a good Spec.

Intel Core i9 7900X

Bad CPU. 5 years old.

Zitat

Disabled Steam Uninstalled TF2 From STEAM.

Why u do bad things? Steam is best shop.

• Bad CPU. 5 years old.

Why u do bad things? Steam is best shop.

Ok lets qualify this statement shall we... Emmm.

In video editing with the software I use it is excellent. It uses all threads. in fact the Computer was built for that purpose. As a games machine it is OK but I am not down grading to get steam to work better.

All the other games I play do not need steam. Farming Simulator 2022, Egosoft X4 Foundations (all DC's) Work very well indeed. At 60 FPS. 4k Res.

One comment seen else ware was to use an AMD RIZEN Threadripper. No chance Unreliable with a windows 10 Environment. I have direct experience of this. Please let us not get into Flame wars.

I mentioned the problem with Steam as there are other games I want but only on steam. So have been put off them.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lankspeed ()

• Zitat

One comment seen else ware was to use an AMD RIZEN Threadripper.

Man. What do u want with many cores. Really bad idea. TF2 only needs like 4 cores at max. What matters is single core perfomance. Get Ryzen 5800x3D. It's best CPU for TF2.

• Man. What do u want with many cores. Really bad idea. TF2 only needs like 4 cores at max. What matters is single core perfomance. Get Ryzen 5800x3D. It's best CPU for TF2.

Ok READ MY LIPS> This machine has a primary function of Video Editing and Graphics Realtime render. The Software in use likes cores and ram lots of it. Games Only use at most Two Cores , 4 Threads. I have Optimised this Crate as best I can for TF2 but main function is Video in another line of work. My original message was to see if anyone had any ideas on the steam/valve issue.

When I need Steam I just start it manually no probs Productions INC.

• You are the first one experiencing that TPF2 is performing differently on Steam and GoG.

You are sure you used the same savegame for testing?

Then, steam + tpf2 program + tpf2 userdata were all on the SSD? (no HDD?)

I dont really like that "performance guides". That are the same suggestions as elsewhere, which have not been proven to work in TPF2. Why would it use all available cores only per command? The windows settings probably dont change anything and if 1% at all. I would keep distance from ominous memory cleaners.

The most influence is on hardware and ingame settings (no general recommendations, dependent on hardware).

• Yes all data was as close as I could get. Same mods ect. Also there is Two 980 PRO NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB.

As to the performance Tweeks, I would tend to agree they made a Marginal difference, in both Versions.

I can confirm there is a difference of about 3-7 % steam and the Downloaded offline version of GOG TF2.

I just hate that steam is so invasive :evil:. Any Excuse to not use them :evil:.

I would also Like to try the Linux Version, and do a true test.

Also remember I am using the Megalomania Map Size, that will have an impact of performance. At least that is what I surmise.

Please Note I am being very Picky and Exacting with the testing. Quite Small percentages. The overall framerate is usually in excess of 30 FPS.

When editing it is always at 60 FPS (TF2 map edits) .

• Testing COMPLETED.

TF2 under Linux is quicker (saving) No stutters to mention. All GFX option back to Very High 4x Anti Aliasing on. Ambient occlusion On.

But No Grass or Bloom enabled. Never did use them.

I Used the Ubuntu latest version.

In General it seems a lot smoother.

BlueBrixx