Industrial dirt yard station

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• I am currently working on a mod like this:

WIP dirt station

Essentially - a platform module which is nothing more than a patch of dirt, which you can paint over. Other than that, it behaves like a normal station. Just looks cool.

Anyhow - I've spent some time on it, staring at the modding wiki, but am at loss. I've got some queries :)

1. Can I control the height at which cargo appears on the station? Is 'transportNetworkProvider' somehow linked to it? I would like the dirt to be lower than it is now ( which is 0.8 ).

2. How do I detect that my module is next to a station building? The game generates a 'platform' buffering station buildings from the platform modules, but GetModuleAt gives me nothing.

3. regarding the 'transportNetworkProvider' - is it possible to make a platform a shared storage space for the entire station? There is a mod that does this kinda/sorta on the steam workshop, but not quite.

4. BTW - can I make track module that does the same landscaping as a platform module? In the perfect world I would like the station to be a continuous flat area with half sunken tracks in the middle and storage place all around. I tried to do it analoguously to how platforms do it, but didn't get the result I want.

My ultimate goal is to detach the platforms from the tracks, so each track module on a station creates a terminal and is linked to a common storage space for the entire station. This way I could get a more realistically looking cargo stations - with several tracks in parallel and storage space somewhat to the side.

• WIP: Paintable industrial stations WIP: Paintable industrial stations, example use WIP: Paintable industrial stations, example use

Current work on this project. The platforms work the way I want them to, at least within the constraints of the game. The track though. I failed to find a way so I would have a working track module without forced terrain manipulation below it. The terrain alignment in the *.module does work, but then is overriden by placement of the track. I would like the rails and sleepers to be semi sunken in the dirt, but the best I could to was to narrow the shape in the track definition, but that causes all kinds of other trouble - like catenary tool not working.

BlueBrixx