Game breaking bug - game freezes then crashes when viewing cities and traffic (Mods used).

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hello all, I am new here on the Forum.

I have come across an issue I cannot seem to determine what the cause is. I contacted support two weeks ago and have yet to receive a solution to the issue on their end. So I am hoping the community can help in determining the cause of this error. I have discovered when I roam around a city, or view traffic cars, the game will randomly freeze then crash.

I have tried this with 3 different maps and they have the same issue.

Most recently I have tested this bug as follows:

I started a small 1x1 vanilla map, then saved it. I then reloaded the map with the mods I use, and waited. For simplicity, I just roamed around the map and waited for the city to grow a bit. No trains, buses, etc. After a couple of minutes, the game froze then crashed when I panned the camera close to the city and traffic. The stdout is from that save.

Also, I'm not very knowledgeable with the meaning of the errors written in the stdout, so perhaps the community could help in figuring out what the problem is, and if possible, find out which mod(s) are the cause of the problem. Also, the stdout is apparently too large to attach directly to the post, so I attached a google drive link to the stdout file.

EDIT: Was able to attach via zip.

Dateien

• stdout.zip

(107,29 kB, 47 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von SAUBER_KH7 () aus folgendem Grund: Clarification, typo fixing. Attached stdout via zip.

• MaikC

Hat das Label von Bug auf wartet auf Userrückmeldung geändert
  • Sadly the error message does not give a hint which mod causes the problem. Looks like some mod contains or produces corrupt data. Always a good idea is to run the steam filecheck (if you are lucky its just a damaged file). As you can reproduce the error the only other chance to find the bad mod is trail and error: Maybe load the first half of the mods and try to reproduce the error. If it doesn't crash, try the other half and so on. Refering to your error description it looks you can rule out e.g. bus-, train-, asset-mods. Maybe mods releated to streets, town growth, ai cars, camera mods, industrie mods... You should although check if it happens at a certain ingame date. Maybe it's a mod that gets activated at a certain year?

• I see. Well, is there a way to select multiple mods at once ingame to load and disable? Since I have over 700 mods, it would be rather difficult to enable and disable each mod one at a time. I actually tried using notepad++ to manually remove half of the mods, but that only crashed the game when I tried to load the mod preset. Also, I at first thought it was activated at a certain year, which was 2020 when I first encountered it. However, when I did my latest test, I realized I forgot to switch the year from 2000 to 2020. So it occurred there as well. Next, I actually verified the steam files 4 times. Once was done automatically without me requesting it, and the other 3 times were intentional to try to solve the problem.

I remember reading somewhere about a Mod Manager for Train Fever and Transport Fever 1. Is there a similar mod manager available for Transport Fever 2? That might help in rooting out the problem.

Last but not least, I don't use AI car mods. I do wonder if camera, performance or the town tuning mod. At the same time, I've been using the following mods for a long time with no issue, so I'm not sure if those are to blame either:

Industry Expanded

Industry Expanded Add-On - Mail and Waste

Freestyle Industries

For the later, the only time I ever had an issue with Freestyle Industries was before the author implemented a performance patch - which helped in reducing FPS loss.

EDIT: I am still open to suggestions on what else might be causing the error, in case someone finds more information or similar.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von SAUBER_KH7 () aus folgendem Grund: Added section on being open to other suggestions

BlueBrixx