transport fever 2 linux native dosent start. gives grapics context creation failed (vulkan)

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• So, uninstall the Windows/Proton version, install the Linux version, do the manual settings config change to OpenGL that I suggested above and your game will most likely run on Linux natively. Why have you stated you already tried using OpenGL on Linux native if it's not true?

• " already tried using OpenGL on Linux native if it's not true?"
    and the question was if i have used the OpenGL version before before vulkan was a thing, and the answer to that is still no

i did try it and i tried it again just now to be sure the game just auto closes no error

steam goas transport fever ,launching, running and after at most 3 seconds defaults back to the way installed games look

and the question was if i have used the OpenGL version before before vulkan was a thing, and the answer to that is still no

• I would recommend you to edit ~/.local/share/Steam/userdata/<your steam user nr>/1066780/local/settings.lua and replace renderer = VULKAN with renderer = "OPENGL". Then the game will start use OpenGL instead of Vulkan. With OpenGL the game will run smoother in my experience, anyway.

Have you already done this as suggested?

• Can you please post the stdout after the change ? There now has to be a different error message that might bring us a step further to a solution, as it seems the problem probably isn't related to Vulkan :)

• Seems like your game crashes now but without doing a coredump. Could you please post the output of ls -lt /home/clemens/.steam/debian-installation/userdata/343031160/1066780/local/crash_dump and (sudo) coredumpctl list ?

• Code
    ls -lt /home/clemens/.steam/debian-installation/userdata/343031160/1066780/local/crash_dump
    total 530912
    -rw------- 1 clemens clemens  110160 Nov 19 18:21 9e78b7cc-6d80-4449-9c2e21a3-b1a3fac8.dmp
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 clemens clemens    1210 Nov 19 18:21 9e78b7cc-6d80-4449-9c2e21a3-b1a3fac8_stdout_old.txt
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 clemens clemens    1137 Nov 19 18:21 stdout.txt
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 clemens clemens       4 Nov 19 18:21 lockfile
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 clemens clemens    1210 Nov 19 18:21 stdout_old.txt
  • Then please write that the command did not work instead of leaving it out.

I thought/hoped ubuntu does have coredumpctl preinstalled. Try to find the necessary pkg with apt search systemd-coredump and install it. Then, start the game again & after it crashed run the command that didn't work.

• How you installed steam or smth. related to systemd-coredump? Please be precise in your posts, this isn't the 1st time I just have to guess. :/

If it's steam you're asking about, posting the steam system information may be the quickest way, we'll have to see. But posting the output of apt list --installed would be a good idea for further troubleshooting anyway.

BlueBrixx