Game crashes with Autosave

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hello everyone.

I can open and play a savegame and it will autosave once but will then crash when autosave kicks in a second time.

I have attached the stdout file but the last few lines are as follows (NB 'Temp' in the file name is short for 'temperate'):

------------------

__CRASHDB_CRASH__ struct file_system::FileSystemException: urban_games/train_fever/src/Lib/Util/io/filesystem_util.cpp:209: __int64 __cdecl file_system::GetLastWriteTime(const class file_system::Path &): Error loading file: boost::filesystem::last_write_time: The system cannot find the file specified: "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/userdata/1157923605/1066780/local/save/autosave_9th Game - V Large Temp Part 78_2175-07-31.sav"

Exception type: struct file_system::FileSystemException

Details:

Error message: Error loading file: boost::filesystem::last_write_time: The system cannot find the file specified: "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/userdata/1157923605/1066780/local/save/autosave_9th Game - V Large Temp Part 78_2175-07-31.sav"

Key: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/userdata/1157923605/1066780/local/save/autosave_9th Game - V Large Temp Part 78_2175-07-31.sav

Minidump: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/userdata/1157923605/1066780/local/crash_dump/41220e36-a916-48ab-b285-c774743078ba.dmp

UI Component Hierarchy:

type: class UI::CGameUI, id = "", name = "CGameUI", styleClasses = {"top-gamebar-visible"}

type: class UI::CMenuUI, id = "", name = "MenuUI", styleClasses = {}

type: class UI::CComponent, id = "", name = "wrap", styleClasses = {"platform-desktop", "ui-classic", "input-mouse", "gamepad-type-xbox"}

In file: urban_games/train_fever/src/Lib/Util/io/filesystem_util.cpp:209

In function: __int64 __cdecl file_system::GetLastWriteTime(const class file_system::Path &)

-----------------

[EDIT] I've also attached the last few Windows Explorer entries, if this helps.

Does anyone know what is causing this crash and how to solve it?

Many thanks.

Dateien

• stdout.zip

(29,83 kB, 27 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
    • Explorer Files.zip

(61,25 kB, 23 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von corsemannie ()

• The crash only happens with this particular savegame, so I'm guessing something has become corrupted in the file. I'm confused, because the 'specified file' that the system cannot find seems to be the one it's just written? It appears to be something to do with 'GetLastWriteTime'. Will I have to go back to the last 'full' version of the savegame that predates all of the later autosaves? Should I delete all later autosaves for this particular map?

I've tried starting the last autosave and immediately saving it with a new version number, closing the game and restarting with that new save. However, while that savegame will start and play OK for a while, it still crashes at the next autosave with the same error message. I'm not actually losing any progress with the map because I can still start the crashed game and save it as a new version. But it's obviously much more time consuming loading all the mods each time than a quick autosave. I suppose I could turn off autosave for this particular game and then just hope that I can rescue all my progress when it eventually crashes when I try and manually save it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

• Hi corsemannie,

a long time ago, as I was using windows, I had an issue with another game, but the error I was getting was also about an error while accessing metadata from an save game.

After some research I got the hint to run a disk check, and it found some errors, which I could repair with this tool. After the repair and a reboot, I was able to load the save game as usual. Maybe there is some similar corruption of the file structure in your system.

As I've been using Linux for almost seven years now, I don't remember the exact commands to run, but if you are familiar with windows, you should find them quickly.

Greetings

der HaJu

BlueBrixx