A-train-9 Vs TrainFever...

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• My two cents on this topic:
    One can't entirely compare them, since A-Train is more of a business- than a transport simulation. The main source of income are in the end real estates. The more skyscrapers, shops and other real estates you own the more money you make. Trains are just in the game, to generate the growth of the cities. I spent most time micromanaging timetables for the cargo trains and waiting for money in order to build more shopping malls and office buildings and rarely some tracks and station. Nevertheless one can compare some parts of the two games (mainly the transport parts of the games):

A-Train9 plus points (compared to TF):
    + Game performance
    + You can build scissor crossovers
    + Timetables, although it is implemented in e very annoying way
    + It is challenging, i.e. one can go easily bankrupt at any time in the game
    + Huge maps
    + Day-night cycles, weather and even seasons

A-Train9 drawbacks (compared to Train-Fever)
    - Price
    - No mod support
    - Not as "beautyful" (less graphical details)
    - Only Japanese trains
    - Trains don't play a roll for your income
    - Empty streets: no cars, no pedestrians
    - AI is annoying. If it builds something it's a mess an you need to help it for big money
    - Simulation is partly very plain: Every station has a certain amount of travelers (which you can't see) and they just want to catch the next train no matter where it goes to. They also refuse to change trains. Therefore you have no effect when building a complex network with subtle timetables.
    - Laying tracks, it is easier in A-Train but I think TF leaves you more possibilities once you figured it out.
    - Cargo transport is even sparser than in TF. There is only goods and it comes from a factory you build yourself wherever you like it to be.
    - You can go easily bankrupt even in the late game (the taxes are very high). So always make a new safe game, then you are able to go back far enough.

Summarizing I have to say, that I enjoy TF much more than A-Train 9. Simply because it is about trains and transportation and not just a real estate management game with some trains. Moreover, A-Train is very time consuming and even after tens of hours your map looks very empty. It feels like never ending which is very unsatisfying if you have other obligations in life.

BlueBrixx