Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• I'd recommend you find photos of the front and sides, and then start building the profile so it matches the photos. Right now it's a bit too boxy.
    Even though it's low res, the photo Captain Jack attached shows there's a slight curve on the sides, as well as on the front part.

Every person have their own way of modeling of course, but I'd recommend that for now - focus on shape rather than texture and color. Nail it. Then move on.
    I spent almost a week trying different techniques to nail the shape of the flirt. And I've spent a whole lot more on research and adding details.

Good luck!

• Here's an image for you.

Some tips for me: Get good at using one 3D program. Both 3DS Max and Blender are great. 3DS Max is of course more powerful and fancy, but Blender is free and used by quite a few indie developers. Blender still does a great job!

Box modelling is a very nice technique when making models for games, as it's very easy to control the poly count with that technique. The way I work is by starting with primitive object; box, plane, tube, cylinder, whatever, to then roughly put lines where I want them to go. I add loops/ continuous line where I need/ want them. In other words I'm adding polies by splitting polies. I understand that this might be over the head of many modders, but this is something you should do research on if you don't know what it is. A goal when modelling is to keep the poly count as low as possible at any time, not only because it saves computing power in games, etc. but because it's easier for you to work with. The next goal is to keep polies as "quads", or polygons with 4 vertexes. Yes you can break this rule, but you should know what you're doing when you do.

When you have learned basic modelling, it's a good idea to observe what more experienced modellers do. I study 3D, and the first year we made a face, and looked for wireframes of faces. Starting with a plane and dragging new polies out of that one plane until you've made a loop around the eye is a great way of learning more advanced modelling, yet in an easy way. Slightly funny thing is that some friends and I experimented with a first year student, just a few weaks into the school year learning the student facial modelling after ordinary study time. That student got an internship after half a year, so it's a good way of learning.

Anyway, here's a wireframe of my train, if it tells you anything on how I worked:

Edit: I might be holding a twitch stream on my next project where I'll try to explain a bit of what I do along the process, aswell as taking questions. It will be in 3DS Max, though.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von PaTrond ()

BlueBrixx