[Questions] Lights, emmiters & SNCF community on TpF2

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• First of all, a big thank you to all the people that have wrote, record and share all these complex information about modeling and moding Transport Fever 1 & 2 !

It's been a week for now since i've started to learn, from blender to model editor and through substance painter, how to produce my own locomotive.

So here it is, proudly carrying his first wagons...

:

There's still some issue to handle with (modeling interior, adding flexibles, windows, reducing global glossiness...) that I know how to, but i'm facing two issues wich I havn't found any reliable information about :

- What is the workflow of adding light, from blender to the model editor ? Searching through others mod, I've just found specific mesh related to them, but nothing about their material and emissive settings on them.

- How to precisely position particle emitters and drivers in the model editor ? Are coordinates similar to thoses in blender (1m in blender = 1 in ME) ?

Also, is there on this forum a community of modding SNCF related stuff ? Some of the good mods from TpF 1 havn't been released (well, it's still early).

I'm very excited about sharing and creating rolling stock from our national railway company !

• Alkolique

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Lights, emmiters & SNCF community on TpF2“ zu „[Questions] Lights, emmiters & SNCF community on TpF2“ geändert.
  • Nice model for your first work, just a little hint, add smothing to some parts (roof, round corners) and it will look much better ;)

- What is the workflow of adding light, from blender to the model editor ? Searching through others mod, I've just found specific mesh related to them, but nothing about their material and emissive settings on them.

You need "lights out" and "light on" You can just mark the faces of the lights, duplicate them, separate from the mesh (1x mesh for frontlights 1x mesh for backlights). Then choose the new mesh--> edit mode and move the faces slightly in X (0.005) so that they are in front of the other mesh. Then add a new material (delete the other one from that mesh) --> emissive with the same texture that's it. For the "emissive scale" in the mtl you have to play around a bit.

• So it mean that TpF manage light toggling by just moving them in and out somewhere it can't be seen ?? Lmao very interesting !

No, you have to script it under "axles"

SQL
                    {
                        axles = { "vehicle/train/maikc_faurl45h_1/maikc_faurl45h_lod_1_rad_75.msh", },
                        backForwardParts = { 12, },
                        frontForwardParts = { 11, },

},

You have to add the id for the front-mesh and back-mesh and it will appear if there is no other waggon or loco in front or back of your loco. If you want a Loco "reversible" you need own mesh for that case and

Code
            backBackwardParts = { },
            frontBackwardParts = { },
  • OK, i've got it for the position. Mesh appear when train drive front or backward, lights changes etc.

But still not emissive. I've take a look on other mods and found that they're using internal light mesh for this purpose, wich give those line in the mdl file :

What I understand here is that those mesh are scaled and postioned with the transformation matrix. How to deal with it ? Is there any special trick (and by trick i mean, anything that avoid aving to write it by myself) to get them in place ?

EDIT : I'VE GOT IT ! Lol, just need to replace the material string associated to my light mesh in the mdl to give them "vehicle/asset/light_red.mtl" or "vehicle/asset/lights.mtl"

Anyway, thank you very much for your help !

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Alkolique ()

BlueBrixx