Texture Flicker

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Greetings all,

Does anyone who knows textures better than I know what could be causing this weird flickering? Bad unwrap? Bad AO? It's a little sort of surface layer that has filled in the gap on the front above the stairs and flickers annoyingly. It's only on one side, not the other and drives me nuts.

Cheers

• Good morning!

This is often caused by double meshes. If You use multiple LoDs, You could check for unwanted parts in the lowest (closest) one: maybe a part that is intended for a higher LoD has snuck in there. Or, if it is only one part with no stray ones around, try a cleanup in Blender to remove double vertices. In Edit mode, Mesh - Cleanup - Remove Doubles is helpful in this case.

• That was my initial thought as well, on closer inspection it seems to be okay, unless I'm missing something. Clean up didn't catch anything either. This ones got me stumped. It's my first texture set so I haven't run into any of these issues before.

• Edit: DH was correct. Weirdly, if I rolled back to my backup version and ran the same remove doubles tool it found 1 and deleted it, resolving the issue.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't do it on the up to date version, but problem solved. Thank you muchly! :)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Bhaal ()

• For all the handle bars, 6 corners and smoothing would have had the same result. With significantly less tris. ;-) You made the hoses with fewer corners, why not the handlebars too? Just don't forget to mark the Tris as "smooth"

• For all the handle bars, 6 corners and smoothing would have had the same result. With significantly less tris. ;-) You made the hoses with fewer corners, why not the handlebars too? Just don't forget to mark the Tris as "smooth"

Its funny you should mention that, the underframe and railings were the first objects I've ever modelled in Blender (Or anything else for that matter) and the hoses were literally the last thing I did. I'd gotten a bit better by then, I really should go back and streamline a lot of the railings and grab irons to be honest, they're a bit over done. :D

BlueBrixx