Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hi,

Could anyone tell me how to make a rail loco show different crew models, ie in the case of a steam engine, a driver model & a fireman/stoker model, I have attempted this by listing the crew model .mdl's in the

Code
      crewModels = { },

section of the vehicles .mdl, but loading in game causes a crash

• Code
    crewModels = {"characters/era_b_driver_rail.mdl" },

This is the correct code for that.

If you want more than one just list them in order of the seats section:

Code
    crewModels = {"characters/maikc_epoche3_rail_driver.mdl", "characters/era_b_driver_rail.mdl"  },
    Code
    seats = {
    { animation = "idle", crew = true, forward = true, group = 1, standing = true,
    transf = transf.scaleRotZYXTransl(vec3.new( 1.0, 1.0, 1.0), transf.degToRad ( 0, 0, 0), vec3.new(-6.4, -1.1, 1.69)) },
    { animation = "idle", crew = true, forward = true, group = 1, standing = true,
    transf = transf.scaleRotZYXTransl(vec3.new( 1.0, 1.0, 1.0), transf.degToRad ( -30, 0, 0), vec3.new(-6.6, 0.6, 1.69)) },
    },

(maikc_epoche3_rail_driver is a repaint from me for my mods)

• attempting to use the layout you suggested (but modified to refect the real filenames obviously) crewModels = {"characters/maikc_epoche3_rail_driver.mdl", "characters/era_b_driver_rail.mdl" }, caused assertion error crashes for some reason.
    but not specifying the names at all worked, but...I also end up with those characters driving other trains they are not included with, have I missed something, or does a custom crewmember change all global crew for types of rail vehicle?

• What was the error message exactly? You can also attach the mdl (as zip)

I don't have access to the message, I thought I took a screenshot but cant find it, the whole model is driving me nuts to be honest, I've tried to add some directional tail lights (that show wrongly as in direction of travel rather than away) & brakepipes (that are supposed to show as hanging when not connected, & connected when connected) neither of which is working correctly, also crew models should not show on the loco when it is pushing a train that has a driving trailer car leading, but it does as do the tail lights when the loco is leading.
    I can share a link to the whole mod if you want to have a look over it for me?

BlueBrixx