Prevent game to load wrong vehicle set from mod?

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• If you have copied the .mdl files for these vehicles into your mod folder, then yes they will all load all the time.

Rather than modifying the mdl files directly, you can use a modifier function to changes the values programatically as the files are loaded.

Have a look at the stock 'Vehicles - No End Year' mod to get started on doing that.

If you want a little more detail than that, have a look at the mod I posted on Steam a couple of days ago that add compartments to the stock box cars.

You could take that and change it to include the stock trucks.

• If you have copied the .mdl files for these vehicles into your mod folder, then yes they will all load all the time.

Rather than modifying the mdl files directly, you can use a modifier function to changes the values programatically as the files are loaded.

Have a look at the stock 'Vehicles - No End Year' mod to get started on doing that.

If you want a little more detail than that, have a look at the mod I posted on Steam a couple of days ago that add compartments to the stock box cars.

You could take that and change it to include the stock trucks.

Thanks, I will look into them.

• MaikC , in the mod folder in the game installation directory. I have the GOG version.

doug , I'm looking at your code, and I have to ask, how the 2000 box wagon behaves with this code? His cargo is exposed, and when I was modding it some days ago before resolving to add trucks to the mod too, I saw that exposed cargo has a cargobay parameter that you need to tweak to make cargo render correctly. If not, the compartments overlap it's content.

• The mod removes the display of the cargo completely. I wasn't too worried about it, as you do have to be zoomed in quite closely to see the cargo in the car anyway.

It is, quite simply, a compromise I made when I did the mod. You could of course model each compartment's cargo display separately, but that would require a good deal of experimentation, I should think. Testing it would be quite an adventure, as it is not easy to find a situation on a map where you can be assured of picking up small amount of 2 or more cargoes at the same time.

• Hallo,

in .\Transport Fever 2\res\config :

I guess that if the model isn't mentioned in the list, it is available in all vehicle sets.

Hope it helps

• Claude this config just makes some cars available in other settings. In this case all newer TPF2 vehicles from Asia/USA are avalaible in Europe setting because UG was to lazy to build some vehicles for year 2000+ espacially for one setting.

It looks like your mod doesnt work in the game folder, you can send it to an Steamplayer, may it works if the mod is in userdata. Otherwise --> just another bug

BlueBrixx