Asset Placement Delay

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Could someone pls test if the delay is also there if the config folder is removed from the base pack? It's the script for creating the license plates.

Just to rule it out probably, but that's the only thing that I can image could possibly maybe have an impact on performance of other mods.

The setup of the mod is mainly the same as the cars of the 90's...

otherwise I fear it somehow conflicts with another mod. I'm testing just on a clean free game map without any other mod enabled.

Or maybe a backwards compatibility thing, does anyone see the issue on maps where none of the old VW T3 were enabled?

Reply in German if you want, but allow me to stick to English.

• Tested it on my crash_ savegame with all T3 mods enabled - with deleted config folder and old T3 assets around the map. Somewhere. Its now taking four to five seconds before the command is processed (placed and deleted a piece of road) so in my case we're down to half the time.

• When we send this command:

local se = api.cmd.make.sendScriptEvent('ConstructionRename',"x","builder.apply",0)

it will be processed by each script's event handler. If we're using exactly the same strings in every script file, then each script file will be processing each event, regardless of which script file generated the event.

You might want to make the first parameter unique to each script file (you could use the script file's name.)

Then in the event handler, check for the correct value for the 'src' variable being passed in, and only process the event there is the 'src' variable has the correct value.

That should cut down on the amount of processing going on.

• Removing the config folder from the Cars of the 90's base set didn't seem to be enough as I also use bko_cars90europe_taxis_de_1. After also removing that config folder the delay is close to normal (in my case) but someone else should confirm it.

• The issue looks to be caused by the license plate naming, only when multiple mods with the mechanism are in use the delay becomes apparent.

Mods currently using the naming script are:
    - Cars of the '90s base set

- Cars of the '90s Taxis Germany (not the road traffic mod)

- Cars of the '90s Taxis Netherlands (not the road traffic mod)

- Cars of the '90s Taxis France (not the road traffic mod)

- VW T3 Base pack (Jumbo)

- VW T3 Dispatch pack 4.1

Hoping to solve this soon; meanwhile your quick fix is removing the config folder from the respective mod(s). I will await to see if the issue can be resolved before updating any of the mods, for the Steam versions I will try not to wait too long or I will remove the files with a small update on those.

The impact of removing the config folder is very limited, being that only for newly added assets the game will not set a name and as such the default license plate text is 'No name'.

You can set the default license plates to remain the Dealer plates that don't use the naming by loading the base mods after the country specific additions.

For example your load order for the T3 is then;

1. VW T3 Road Traffic (DE)

2. VW T3 Road Traffic (NL)

3. VW T3 Base Pack (Jumbo)

4. VW T3 Brand Pack

or with backwards compatibility to old T3 mod versions;

1. VW T3 Dispatch 1.02

2. VW T3 Base Pack 2.0

3. VW T3 Hide old 3.1

4. VW T3 Road Traffic (NL) 4.1

5. VW T3 Base Pack (Jumbo) 4.1

6. VW T3 Brand Pack 4.1

---------------------------------GOOGLE TRANSLATE----------------------------------------

Das Problem scheint durch die Benennung des Nummernschilds verursacht zu werden, nur wenn mehrere Mods mit dem Mechanismus verwendet werden, wird die Verzögerung offensichtlich.

Mods, die derzeit das Benennungsskript verwenden, sind:

- Cars of the '90s base set

- Cars of the '90s Taxis Germany (not the road traffic mod)

- Cars of the '90s Taxis Netherlands (not the road traffic mod)

- Cars of the '90s Taxis France (not the road traffic mod)

- VW T3 Base pack (Jumbo)

- VW T3 Dispatch pack 4.1

In der Hoffnung, dies bald zu lösen; Währenddessen entfernt deine schnelle Lösung den Konfigurationsordner aus den entsprechenden Mods. Ich werde abwarten, ob das Problem behoben werden kann, bevor ich einen der Mods aktualisiere. Für die Steam-Versionen werde ich versuchen, nicht zu lange zu warten, oder ich werde die Dateien mit einem kleinen Update entfernen.

Die Auswirkungen des Entfernens des Konfigurationsordners sind sehr begrenzt, da das Spiel nur für neu hinzugefügte Assets keinen Namen festlegt und daher der Standardtext für das Nummernschild "Kein Name" ist.

Sie können die Standard-Nummernschilder so einstellen, dass sie die Händlerschilder bleiben, die die Namensgebung nicht verwenden, indem Sie die Basis-Mods nach den länderspezifischen Ergänzungen laden.

Ihre Ladereihenfolge für den T3 lautet dann zum Beispiel;

1. VW T3 Road Traffic (DE)

2. VW T3 Road Traffic (NL)

3. VW T3 Base Pack (Jumbo)

4. VW T3 Brand Pac

oder mit Abwärtskompatibilität zu alten T3-Mod-Versionen;

1. VW T3 Dispatch 1.02

2. VW T3 Base Pack 2.0

3. VW T3 Hide old 3.1

4. VW T3 Road Traffic (NL) 4.1

5. VW T3 Base Pack (Jumbo) 4.1

6. VW T3 Brand Pack 4.1

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von dview ()

• It seems that removing the config folders also solved another issue of another mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/wor…3916/3108016147991274001/

5th post from top, I quote:

When I draw a platform track parallel to a rail track, after each finished segment when starting to drag a new segment, it "disappears from the cursor" and I have to start dragging that segment again - after each one.

Each time this happens this is logged:

replaceEdgeWithSameRemovingObject: objectIdToRemove is no good, it is nil

Even the logging of that error message is gone now.

• With support of Doug the issue is resolved, I just ran a test on the Islas Paraiso map with all concerned mods enabled. Previously there I found the issue to occur for me as well, after the changes the performance is back to normal. If work allows me I'll update the mods already later today.

• Updates are available on the web-disk as well as on Steam.

Might you find other issues please let me know!

PS; It is highly important to remove old mod files from your mod folder before unpacking, especially for the taxi sets. I have renamed the script files, so if you'll merge the update with the already present files you will still have a slow script active!

• adie.gibbs

Hat das Label von unbekannt auf gelöst geändert
  • Hey maybe a stupid question.But my delay problem is still there. I have updated the required mods and deleted the olds.

Did I something wrong?

Do I need all 6 mods?

Because i have the german.

The main problem is the delay and sound bug of the demolishen tool.

Sorry for asking

• No, you did nothing wrong. The problem was only half fixed...

The attached folder contains the script files for each mod, properly corrected.

If you want to overwrite the script files in each mod with the corresponding file from this archive, things should work better for you.

I believe dview is planning on updating the mod when he has the chance, and once we are comfortable that the attached script files are actually as bug free as they currently seem... :/

Doug

BlueBrixx