Game crashing to desktop when loading map

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hello everyone,

The game worked OK one day but crashed the next, without me knowingly making any changes to the MODS or settings etc. The game appears to load to 100%, fades to a black screen but then crashes to the desktop before showing the map. I have attached the stdout.txt and would be grateful if anyone could tell me what the problem is and how to solve it.

Many thanks,

Corsemannnie

Dateien

• stdout.zip

(25,08 kB, 196 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
  • You are now the 6th user within the last 2 days with exactly this error.

See which of the mods you use were last updated on steam.

• Thank you for replying so quickly.

I see that 4 mods have been updated since I was last able to load and play the game without it crashing. Only one of the mods is enabled in the game.

Do I need to disable that mod or unsubscribe from it?

Should I unsubscribe from the other 3 mods as well?

Thanks

• Without looking in the stdout.txt... If you are using the Station shop mod from the workshop, please deactivate it for the time being. The mod author tried to fix the count == 1 assert issue but unfortunately built in another bug at the same time which now results in another assert.

• Thank you, Yoshi.

Disabling the Station Shops mod allows the game to load and play but one of the sim models has been replaced by a placeholder. There are now hundreds of cubes sliding around my map! Is there any way of getting this particular sim back or replacing it with another?

Thanks.

• You would need the character model from the mod that currently has a problem in it (with that character model)

A way to resolve the issue would be to go into the folder of that mod and adjust the problematic file. Do you think you can do that? If yes I will explain the details.

• Yes, I would be happy to try that.

The message at loading refers to the following models not being available and replaced by placeholders:

characters/era_c_man_03_24633418.mdl

characters/era_c_man_03_24633418_kfc.mdl

characters/era_c_man_03_24633418_mcdonalds.mdl

• Hi Yoshi.

I think I've found the 3 models in the Station Shops mod (2832445499). Is this the right folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\1066780\2832445499\res\models\model\characters

How do I adjust the file?

Thanks

• Hey, sorry i forgot to reply yesterday...

If you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\1066780\2832445499\res\models\material\characters, there should be a file named era_c_man_03_unskinned_24633418.mtl

You can open that file with a text editor like notepad++ or even the Windows Notepad.

At the bottom of the file there is a line that contains

type = "SKINNING_PHYS_NRML_MAP" or similar, please replace the SKINNING_PHYS_NRML_MAP with PHYSICAL_NRML_MAP.

• No problem, Yoshi - thanks for coming back to me.

In the file era_c_man_03_unskinned_24633418.mtl I replaced the line at the bottom of the file: type = "SKINNING_TEXTURED" with type = "PHYSICAL_NRML_MAP" and saved it but, unfortunately, I still have placeholders on the map.

There are 4 other files in the era_c_man_03 folder in the mod:

era_c_man_03_24633418.mtl

era_c_man_03_24633418_kfc.mtl

era_c_man_03_24633418_mcdonalds.mtl

era_c_man_03_24633418_burgerking.mtl

Do I need to change the "type" line in each of those files , too?

Thanks for all your help.

• Perfect, thanks Yoshi! :)

I rolled back to the earlier savegame where the Station Shops mod was still active and, with the suggested change made to that one file, the map now loads and plays without crashing and without placeholders.

This is the first time I've had a problem with the game, so I really appreciate all your help in talking me through the file editing.

Thanks again.

• Hmmm…I think I spoke too soon. Although the placeholders have gone, I didn’t notice that one character isn’t walking or sitting properly - his arms and legs are held out straight and stiff. Is this still related to the Station Shops mod or is it a conflict with a different mod?

The stdout.txt includes the following lines:

ERROR: Model Group 'man01_spine' uses skinned mesh 'characters/era_c_man_03/body_lod0.msh' with an unskinned material 'characters/era_c_man_03/era_c_man_03_24633418.mtl'. This might lead to unexpected crashes or glitches.

ERROR: Model Group 'man01_spine' uses skinned mesh 'characters/era_c_man_03/body_lod1.msh' with an unskinned material 'characters/era_c_man_03/era_c_man_03_24633418.mtl'. This might lead to unexpected crashes or glitches.

ERROR: Model Group 'man01_spine' uses skinned mesh 'characters/era_c_man_03/body_lod2.msh' with an unskinned material 'characters/era_c_man_03/era_c_man_03_24633418.mtl'. This might lead to unexpected crashes or glitches.

Is this relevant?

I also searched my Workshop Mods folder and the only other instance of era_c_man_03 appears in the Scania 3 Series Trucks mod (2634545085). In that mod there is a folder (res\models\material\characters\bko_era_c_man_03) in which there are two files called bko_jeans_man_02.mtl and bko_jeans_man_05.mtl. The character seems to look like a “jeans man” so is this the conflict? Do I need to change the ‘type’ in those files, as before? Any help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• The Station Shops mod has recently been updated and this has resolved the issue with the non-animated character, who now walks about and sits with a proper animation. Many thanks to JamesT85Gaming.

• corsemannie

Hat das Label Bug behoben hinzugefügt
BlueBrixx