transport fever 2 linux native dosent start. gives grapics context creation failed (vulkan)

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

•  Requested instance extensions:

- VK_KHR_surface

- VK_KHR_xlib_surface

- VK_EXT_debug_utils

- VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2

Requested layers:

- VK_LAYER_KHRONOS_validation

Vulkan DEBUG mode ON

Create Vulkan instance.

[31m[ERROR: GENERAL]: [0m

- Objects 1:

Object 0: 0x68080b0 of type Instance

setupLoaderTermPhysDevs: Failed to detect any valid GPUs in the current config

Fatal

[31m[ERROR: GENERAL]: [0m

- Objects 1:

Object 0: 0x68080b0 of type Instance

setupLoaderTrampPhysDevs: Failed during dispatch call of 'vkEnumeratePhysicalDevices' to lower layers or loader to get count.

Fatal

__CRASHDB_DUMP__ a5560063-3416-42a1-ed65229f-dcc642e1<span id="selection-marker-1" class="redactor-selection-marker woltlab-bbcode-marker"></span>    

get this error in stdout.txt
    vulkan with proton works without that error
    gpu is rx7900xt vulkan instance 1.3.268 same error with 1.3.206
    mesa oibaf 24
    and no there isnt a second igpu

• meki

Hat den Titel des Themas von „transport fever 2 linux native dosent start. gives grapics context creation failded (vulkan)“ zu „transport fever 2 linux native dosent start. gives grapics context creation failed (vulkan)“ geändert.
  • I deleted all Driver driver files which aren't the Vulkan Driver maybe the game tried to use software rendering

But now I get vk_khr_surface extension not found despite

Vulkan info saying vk_khr_surface Revision 25

• vulkaninfo --summary should tell you something like:

This is system has a AMD 5600G APU, but it's technical the same for a discrete GPU. If you don't get any GPUs with PHYSICAL_DEVICE_TYPE_DISCRETE_GPU then your vulkan installation is broken.

You need mesa-vulkan-drivers, libvulkan1, libdrm-amdgpu1, libdrm-radeon, linux-firmware and a recent kernel, (Debian/Ubuntu)

If the kernel is to old, and it's an Ubuntu system, a oem kernel may help...

If you use wayland, you may check if it works with a X11/Xorg Session.

I did not test recent versions of TPF2 with vulkan-validationlayers. may have an influence, maybe removing it may help

• some other thing to note
    wen i restart my pc the game instantly closes without even opening a window
    i need to select proton and then deactivate it again which gives me a 44mb download and i have to do that every time i restart the pc

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von meki ()

• You have a lot of layers there:
    MangoHud , maybe it has some problems with to many layers :/

Code
    Instance Layers: count = 7
    --------------------------
    VK_LAYER_INTEL_nullhw             INTEL NULL HW                1.1.73   version 1
    VK_LAYER_MESA_device_select       Linux device selection layer 1.3.211  version 1
    VK_LAYER_MESA_overlay             Mesa Overlay layer           1.3.211  version 1
    VK_LAYER_VALVE_steam_fossilize_32 Steam Pipeline Caching Layer 1.3.207  version 1
    VK_LAYER_VALVE_steam_fossilize_64 Steam Pipeline Caching Layer 1.3.207  version 1
    VK_LAYER_VALVE_steam_overlay_32   Steam Overlay Layer          1.3.207  version 1
    VK_LAYER_VALVE_steam_overlay_64   Steam Overlay Layer          1.3.207  version 1
  • wen i restart my pc the game instantly closes without even opening a window

What do you believe the game should do instead? It rightfully doesn't register a signal handler and gets terminated normally. No need for your shutdown be stuck due to a game if you haven't lowered the systemd kill timeout.

i need to select proton and then deactivate it again which gives me a 44mb download and i have to do that every time i restart the pc

What do you mean by this? You can manually select proton as runtime and it'll download the windows files and run under proton as long as you don't remove this setting?

How did you install steam? Native, flatpak, evtl. with some runtime hacks? Can you pls post the output of apt list ---installed | grep vulkan?

I would recommend you to edit ~/.local/share/Steam/userdata/<your steam user nr>/1066780/local/settings.lua and replace renderer = VULKAN with renderer = "OPENGL". Then the game will start use OpenGL instead of Vulkan. With OpenGL the game will run smoother in my experience, anyway.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von bionade24 ()

• I mean wen I don't Select the Linux runtime

Just launch it without selecting anything in the Proton Setting

I think opengl doesn't work either for some reason also no Vulkan is far superior in the long run

• I mean wen I don't Select the Linux runtime

Just launch it without selecting anything in the Proton Setting

I still can't conclude what you've done from those incomplete sentences.

I think opengl doesn't work either for some reason also no Vulkan is far superior in the long run

Well, when you already know this in advance without trying it, then I can't help you. :rolleyes:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von bionade24 ()

• Well I tried before but can't retest it wen I am not at home and don't have access to the pc in question

When you really used OpenGL on Linux native before, Vulkan on Linux native worked once ? Or how did you change the setting to OpenGL back then? Was it before Vulkan support was added to Tpf2?

BlueBrixx