Tunnel_hull.mtl: Getting rid of the Invisible wall!

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hello Everyone,

I notice if you use tracks that have no tunnel walls, you still get a transparent invisible wall that prevents you from seeing a train on the adjacent tracks as they pass by. The Driver and certain accessories are still visible through this, so it looks like they are floating in mid-air.

Is it possible to make it so an entire train is visible through this invisible wall created by "tunnel_hull.mtl"? Depending on the vehicle chosen, more or less aspects of the vehicle can be seen through this invisible wall.

Any feedback is appreciated. If you would like a screenshot as a visual aid to what I described, I will attach one once I get home.

EDIT:

As promised, here is visual aid:

This is a picture of a vehicle in a tunnel going over a crossover switch. There is some invisible effect that causes the Train to be transparent from certain angles. Other vehicles have different degrees of transparency so that leads me to believe this is a attribute that can be altered at will. How can this be done?

Thank you in advance!

Edit2: A Mod has been released fixing this issue. It has been submitted for upload and awaiting approval for the forum. It is currently available on Steam.

If you would like access to the Mod and you don't have the Steam Version of the game, go to the Compendium in my signature of this post.

• I have solved this problem... In the vanilla game file "tunnel_hull.mtl", edit the "alpha_test" section of the code to add the bold entries below:

Code: tunnel_hull.mtl
    "alpha_test = {   a2CThreshold = 0,    alphaThreshold = 0,   cutout = true,},"

Afterwards, all vehicles will show properly in the scenario I presented above.

Hope this information helps anyone that searches for it in the future.

• N0neGiv3N

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Tunnel_hull.mtl Invisible wall“ zu „Tunnel_hull.mtl: Getting rid of the Invisible wall!“ geändert.
  • Majuen's mod has model (.mdl) files that should link to "Tunnel_Hull.mtl". I believe he may have renamed it "Absolute_nothing.mtl", but don't quote me on that. I didn't mess around with his files.

Tunnel_Hull.mtl itself is located in the Base Game files.

Once you are in the base game file directory, the location should be the following: (res>models<material<Track<Tunnel_Hull.mtl)

Once in there, put in the code that I quoted above and this issue is history.

----

Maybe I can package this fix as a mod and just release that for people who are afraid to touch the files. You gave me a good idea.

I created this topic in the chance the game is updated and my piece of code is erased in the process. Now we can all refer back to this topic for the information again if needed.

• The always better solution.

I will do this tonight when I get home! First Mod incoming...

Edit:Mod has been released. It is on steam now. It is awaiting approval for the forums. It is also available in my signature Compendium link.

Now there are a few situations where additional manual work is necessary. I cover the process on repairing your Tunnels in the video linked below!

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• As you discovered it and the solution, you also could contact UG and file it as a bug report:

https://urbangames.com/about/ (bottom right)

Thanks computer stool.

I will report it to Urbangames as well. They are usually good at responding to bug reports. A nice productive evening is ahead. :thumbup:

• The problem above is caused by the mod (the modder) of the train in the picture. If you simply don't use transparent materials for the shell of the train then this won't happen.

With the fix you may solve the problem in tunnels but the train is still invisible when viewed through other glass surfaces. e.g. from inside other vehicles, through glass station roofs, etc.

So it would be better if the modder fixed his train, because the problem isn't really solved that way.

• The problem above is caused by the mod (the modder) of the train in the picture. If you simply don't use transparent materials for the shell of the train then this won't happen.

With the fix you can solve the problem in tunnels but the train is still invisible when viewed through other glass surfaces. eg from inside other vehicles, through glass station roofs, etc.

So it would be better if the modder fixed his train, because the problem isn't really solved that way.

Unfortunately the issue affects a little more than just Trains. If you place assets underground along the tracks, then those assets either also won't fully show their characteristics (Shining with emissive, having visibility for other placed vehicle assets, etc.) The La Metro Breda A650 also suffers from the same issue as the vehicle in my example picture if I had to name another piece of equipment, even the vanilla vehicles are affected.

As it stands if you primary focus is building underground then without the fix you will have a tough time. In these instances it is also impossible to read the signal aspect on a signal along the Track because the lights are also impacted from the transparency issue. Those get corrected as well.

If you were to use a particular underground station, all Trains were invisible from the position of viewing from the platform. Now all Trains are visible spanning across any platform in the station now. Those are only a few extra examples of things that get corrected.

You are right though. It would be stellar if the Modder did return and update his item to some degree, but in other aspects...

Here is a video demonstrating the game world before using the mod, and after applying it.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

BlueBrixx