Asset Placement Delay

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• I have developed a problem in putting assets in the game. Placing almost everything on my game has approx 5 second delay. For instance if I am adding individual trees, I can place the first one, then I have to wait to add the next.

People, Cars, Trains are running fine on all speeds. Is there something in the settings I need to change. I have changed a few, but nothing changes. Can someone please help.

Thanks

Adie

Keep Well & Stay Safe :)

Regards

Adie :thumbup:

• Demolishing or building anything Takes 10sec Sometimes or so

I had this 10 to 15 seconds freeze the other day when I accidently f%$§ed up the VW T3 Transporter versions before (had old version's assets in use but only enabled version 4 in my savegame). Building and removing stuff took ages while all simulation continued smoothly. The debugging graphs (Altgr+I twice) showed that command processing went up offscale.

Don't know whether this helps others but my issue went away the moment I disabled all the VW T3 mods (what left me with dozens of amazon boxes around the map but at least the game ran smoothly enough again to let me delete them)... I didn't have the courage to re-enable the T3 mods yet.

• tzm this issue already occurs in 1850 and so way before any VW T3 ever appears.

Do you think that the VW T3 mods got issues that affect the whole game whatsoever? Could you please try to reproduce with enabled VW T3 mods but before they appear in 1978?

And then without VW T3.

Important is, that after loading the save playing for some minutes is necessary, it could be that the issue is not already triggered just after loading.

dview

Edit:

I found that only the VW T3 mods got hidden thumbs.db files in them. I will delete them now and see if that helps.

• Gordon Dry Thats why I directly quoted Chili_LP as that 10-or-more-seconds-delay he mentioned sounded familiar. Constructing and removing anything took 10 seconds or more after placing or removing the first bit, even directly after loading the savegame with game paused.

Just tested it: I'm also facing this placing-one-item-is fine-but-the-next-one-takes-a-second issue you and the op mentioned (with T3 disabled) but I don't think these two problems are connected.

• I've been testing the following on a two day old crash_ save from my 300h savegame, experimental map size, with about 660 active mods:

- Loaded crash_ savegame with T3 mods still enabled (jumbo pack and addons from steam workshop except dispatch pack which did not exist on steam that day, so I added that 4.1 from webdisk) and old T3 assets missing their mod resources being placed all over the map.

- Set ingame year from 2022 to 1950

- Deleted all T3 assets I could remember of (feels exactly like those memory games I never liked), don't know whether I found them all

- Saved the game to crash_testing

- Placed and deleted a small piece of road what took me over 10 seconds for every single bit after the first one.

- Disabled all T3 mods and loaded crashdump_testing

- Received the little window complaining about some missing ressources so I maybe missed one or two...

- Placed and deleted a similar small piece of road to find that it took less than a second before I could bulldoze the next piece

- Saved game to crash_testing2

- Loaded crash_testing2 with T3 mods enabled to find that the delay on construction and deleting objects is back

As there may be still one or two old T3s on my map (I just can't seem to find them) I don't what else to test.

/edit: maybe it depends on the cpu how long the freeze is, that's why I thought it would be two different problems. Seems like my i7-10875H is already becoming old.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tzm ()

• tzm as only mods with prefix "bko_" are triggering this issue, do you also use the

Jaguar SS100

which also got a "bko_" prefix and is uplaoded by dview ?

I just wonder if that car also triggers the same issue or if it's a VW T3 issue only.

Edit:

for clarification - I'm aware of the fact that the VW Golf III and the Cars of the 1990's are also from dview aka. bko.

Those have been added to my game by me long before VW T3, the Jaguar was added later, so I can't be sure if the Jaguar also is problematic.

That's why I'm asking.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gordon Dry ()

• I use many bko_ mods i.e.

but it seems none of these is triggering the delay, seems to be a T3 specific issue. I don't use the jag so I can't tell.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tzm ()

BlueBrixx