Need help with a crashing game :( (Translated from French to English / German)

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hello !

I am French but I use a translator to transcribe it into English and German.

To explain, I worked pretty hard on a map from the 50s and after two months of playing, the part suddenly crashes and sends me straight to the game's steam page without explanation.

I think it would be due to mods or maybe something else ...

I have tried everything but nothing works and am quite tired from all this ruined work in a few days, because a week ago everything was still working fine ...

I'm attaching the "stdout part file" hoping someone can help me out with this frustrating situation ...

Thank you in advance for your help.

Have a good day.

Hallo !

Ich bin Franzose, aber ich benutze einen Übersetzer, um es ins Englische und Deutsche zu übertragen.

Um es zu erklären, ich habe ziemlich hart an einer Karte aus den 50ern gearbeitet und nach zwei Monaten des Spielens stürzt die Rolle plötzlich ab und schickt mich ohne Erklärung direkt zur Steam-Seite des Spiels.

Ich denke es würde an Mods oder vielleicht etwas anderem liegen ...

Ich habe alles versucht, aber nichts funktioniert und bin ziemlich müde von all dieser ruinierten Arbeit in ein paar Tagen, weil vor einer Woche alles noch gut funktioniert hat ...

Ich hänge die Datei aus dem Standardteil an und hoffe, dass mir jemand in dieser frustrierenden Situation helfen kann ...

Vielen Dank im Voraus für deine Hilfe.

Haben Sie einen guten Tag.

Dateien

• stdout.txt

(38,81 kB, 210 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
  • Hi Plume,

I don't see errors in your stdout that would necessarily lead to a crash to desktop. Guess it will get hard to find the problem. Maybe you can give some more information:

• Does the game load and it crashes when you play or does it not load at all (stdout looks like it loads)?
    • What are you doing in the game when it crashes?
    • Have you done the installation check on steam already?
    • Since when do you have the problem (you have a lot of steam mods, maybe the problem is caused because of an update and will be fixed after some time)?
  • Thank you for your reply ! :3

I can already tell you that I did a rather hard test today by removing all mods concerning trains / wagons, as well as all asset mods and also removing trains / buses / trucks / freight station and passengers as well as certain asset items ....

I am attaching a "stdout file" that shows some real progress, but what is left could cause a crash again ???

And to answer your questions, the game loads normally but the crash occurs randomly during the game.

Sometimes after other loading the game also had a latency problem, loading was not possible. Forced to log out or check steam files to be able to resume normal gameplay.

A lot of mod it's true, but some useless because I move slowly through the years, I spend a lot of time in the decoration and the atmosphere.

I think it all comes from the mods installed.

Dateien

• stdout.txt

(6,71 kB, 170 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
  • That's bad, a random error and no usefull data in the stdout. I see you are making good progress with reducing the possible mods :-) I won't cloud your hope but It could although be a problem with the savegame itself or a combination of mods that run without errors seperately (even your hardware could be the problem). But I hope you are getting to the problem with reducing the mods step by step. Fingers crossed!

The last ideas I have:

• Have you checked if the error maybe occures at a certain date in the game (some mods start/end different versions of the mod at certain years)?
    • I saw you have the "loop stop 2" mod activated. I saw a crash report on steam and this mod contains a lot of scripting. Maybe have an eye on that one.
  • Thank you for your reply !

I try to take it step by step, hoping that everything will work out.

It is true that I had some crashes at the end after having spent a certain years, but by modifying with the removal of mods, I let the time continue, without having a crash.

For the "loop stop 2" mod, I am not subscribed to this one, but to another version which has no real problem, I use it from the beginning without worry.

I have another stdout file after trying another attempt removing a lot less scenery elements:

Are the errors presented here a real threat?

Dateien

• stdout.txt

(6,84 kB, 139 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
  • His problem is that the game starts but then crashes randomly and without entries in the stdout (see his stdout in the first posting, there is no "goodbye/shutdown"). He now tried to deactivate not used mods and thinks some of the errors while loading the game now (see stdout in his last post) could be the cause.

I think those errors would only lead to purple colouring or dummy cubes. Any other opinions/experiences?

• Hi!

Yes there is no error message during the crash, nothing that really helps to understand the problem.

I just find myself on the steam page.

Now I have a game which finds much more normal values I think even if texture and other errors are visible ...

After destroying cities, stations, industries + trains etc ...

I have redone / built everything, and the trains are running again (no mod for now)

I am starting to rework my main city with a mod to build individual houses / industries / businesses.

For now everything is good I think, not a lot of mod, just the essential.

Here is a new stdoubt file, when do you think?

Dateien

• stdout.txt

(6,21 kB, 163 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
  • Your stdout looks quite good, but it was the same with your other stdouts too. For comparison i attached my stdout. I use around 300 mods and it is full of spooky error messages but everything runs completely stable (even if there are some with the label "warning")! Most of the messages just mean something obvious is not ok with the mod but the game found the problem and solved it with a dummy or removal. As long as the game starts there was nothing critical to that point. Of course it can crash in game caused by certain events but you normally you know what you did in that moment or you get an error message that gives a hint to the cause. You were very unlucky with your random problem without any message. Wish you more luck with your new version! :thumbup:

Dateien

• stdout.txt

(122,14 kB, 149 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
  • I'm not sure, I'm no expert in reading stdout.

But I see some missing textures and a wrong named texture-file ("texture load error: file with unknown extension"). The file has got the suffix "dd" but this has to be called "dds". Perhaps you try to find this file an give him the correct suffix.

And there's some more missing texture files. They could be part of a tram loop station ("Schlaufe" is a german word for a track loop). Perhaps you try a game without this mod.

Texture errors by missing files in a folder path that includes "...\textures\ui\..." are not problematic, they only produce violet squares in the ui.

• Plume Do you get a dump file after a crash? As described here, you can send such a dump file to the developers. The file can be found in the same place as the stdout file. Maybe they'll find a solution.

Edit: I have now seen that there is no indication of a dump file in the first stdout either. That's completely guessed, but I associate a crash without errors with driver and hardware problems. Are the drivers up to date? Have you tried other graphics settings? Do other savegames or other games work?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Relozu ()

• Your stdout looks quite good, but it was the same with your other stdouts too. For comparison i attached my stdout. I use around 300 mods and it is full of spooky error messages but everything runs completely stable (even if there are some with the label "warning")! Most of the messages just mean something obvious is not ok with the mod but the game found the problem and solved it with a dummy or removal. As long as the game starts there was nothing critical to that point. Of course it can crash in game caused by certain events but you normally you know what you did in that moment or you get an error message that gives a hint to the cause. You were very unlucky with your random problem without any message. Wish you more luck with your new version! :thumbup:

Yes it is true that you also have an impressive list of errors, I can ask myself the question if the problem does not occur besides especially that I play on a small undecorated map except only my city and station. Thank you anyway for your help !

I'm not sure, I'm no expert in reading stdout.

But I see some missing textures and a wrong named texture-file ("texture load error: file with unknown extension"). The file has got the suffix "dd" but this has to be called "dds". Perhaps you try to find this file an give him the correct suffix.

And there's some more missing texture files. They could be part of a tram loop station ("Schlaufe" is a german word for a track loop). Perhaps you try a game without this mod.

Texture errors by missing files in a folder path that includes "...\textures\ui\..." are not problematic, they only produce violet squares in the ui.

Thanks for your answer, I'm still trying to find the faults relating to these errors, even if for some, they are there I think for a while, even for station loop, never had a problem with this one.

If there is still a bug, I would test this possibility.

Thank you for your explanation of the problems with ui textures, that reassures me a bit for the future ^^

Plume Do you get a dump file after a crash? As described here, you can send such a dump file to the developers. The file can be found in the same place as the stdout file. Maybe they'll find a solution.

Edit: I have now seen that there is no indication of a dump file in the first stdout either. That's completely guessed, but I associate a crash without errors with driver and hardware problems. Are the drivers up to date? Have you tried other graphics settings? Do other savegames or other games work?

Thank you for your answer, apart from the stdoubt file, I did not know that there were other files relating to this kind of file, I admit that I am not too expert, especially since I did not have any problems with the game since its installation ^^

I don't really know about my drivers and hardware, I admit that everything is working fine since the installation of my pc, no bug on all of my games, except on this card.

I have other much more important backups but I admit not having checked, I will do this shortly, I hope that this problem will not be on her because it is a much more important part ^^ '

And no, no graphic change, it is a parameter to check also, I will test all that ^^

• Hi, we will need more information to have a look at it. Can you please upload the stdout.txt file (directly after the crash). Where you find the stdout.txt is dependend on your game version and operating system. With Windows and the Steam-Version you will find it normally here: c:\Programme (x86)\Steam\userdata\<steam userid>\1066780\local\ (for other constellations you will find the locations descriped here (the relevant path is the "Benutzerverzeichnis" = "User Folder"): LINK: Wiki - Locations).

BlueBrixx