Coradia Stream for NS/CFL/Trenitalia or niedersachsen

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• The menu looks very good! I have a tip tho: Can you name it just “NS ICNG” instead of “NS ICNG 3100 Series”? Also, i do like it this way, instead of a lot of tabs for all the different liveries. Then i’d have to search trough my list of 100+ trains 🙃

Yes, that's one of the changes I have to make to the mod regarding texts and descriptions.

I suppose the main entry will be called something like "NS ICNG / Alstom Coradia Stream" or maybe just "ICNG" 🤔

Then each particular train set will have its unique designation, and I will probably add the amount of cars too. So something like NS ICNG 3100 (5-car), NS ICNG 3200 (8-car), NS ICNG 3300 Flow (8-car), ICNG Fyra (8-car), ICNG Factory Black (5-car)/(8-car), ICNG Alstom Coradia Concept (5-car, recolourable)/(8-car, recolourable).

• So, what I'll do is, I will include the UV maps for the models, and am happy for people to do repaints, so if you want to have a go at it yourself then please do. You said before you know how, right? Otherwise I could record a little explainer on how it works, just let me know.

Thats awesome news!

Yeah I know my way around repainting, so no explainer needed, but thanks for the offer! :D

I would also be open to doing it myself later, but for now I want to get all the current versions looking nice and clean, and publish the mod before I add anything more. It wouldn't be a huge task tbh, but I'm trying to stick to publishing this thing before the end of the month. I'm hoping Sunday, but that depends on how I get on with the sounds. I might ask you for help if I can't get it working the way I want but I really want to have a play with it myself. Might trade you for the Fyra livery suggestion 😋

If you need help with anything, just hit me up! :D
    you can either "@"-mention me here or DM me :)

• Yes, that's one of the changes I have to make to the mod regarding texts and descriptions.

I suppose the main entry will be called something like "NS ICNG / Alstom Coradia Stream" or maybe just "ICNG" 🤔

Then each particular train set will have its unique designation, and I will probably add the amount of cars too. So something like NS ICNG 3100 (5-car), NS ICNG 3200 (8-car), NS ICNG 3300 Flow (8-car), ICNG Fyra (8-car), ICNG Factory Black (5-car)/(8-car), ICNG Alstom Coradia Concept (5-car, recolourable)/(8-car, recolourable).

Those names would be very clear indeed. I hope you can release it by Sunday!

• By the way Timothy, can you also make a ‘dead’ version of the black factory ICNG (5 and 8 coaches), so that the train’s pantograph is lowered, that the lights are off, that the doors don't open/close and that there is no sound. I would like to make some locs with an ICNG behind them, as like transport.

• GameWulf This will be uploaded to the Steam Workshop.

Treinspotterlars making that "dead" version is possible but it would require me to make a few model tweaks and do new mesh exports, after which I'd have to make a few changes in the model editor as well. For now I want to get this mod published with the versions I currently have. I'd be happy to look into your request a bit further down the line.

• These so called "Fake versions" are easier to assemble than you might think!

All you really need is a mesh for a lowered pantograph, which you already have (i think).

Then you simply make new .mdls with the following changes:

All pantos are lowered, no light meshes are present, reduce power and speed to very low values (something like 100kW and 20km/h)
    these last two are simply meant to make the train significantly cheaper, which is only fair if its meant to just stand around anyways

EDIT:
    i forgot to mention the other changes
    preventing door animations is absolutely not necessary. suppressing the soundset is a good idea, but that is also next to no work to implement :)

• Don't reduce the max speed, setting the power to 10 is more than enough.

If the speed is reduced, you can only use it as a static display.

If it retains the max speed you can use it as transfer pulled by an other locomotive.

You could add even more features to the fake version, like a parking position.

My Re 460 and IC Bt have those, when the fake version is at the end of the train they show the parking light and the Re 460 has both pantos raised. If you want it shutdown, just add an invisible locomotive.

If there is an equivalent in the dutch Railways, you could try to do that

• GameWulf This will be uploaded to the Steam Workshop.

Treinspotterlars making that "dead" version is possible but it would require me to make a few model tweaks and do new mesh exports, after which I'd have to make a few changes in the model editor as well. For now I want to get this mod published with the versions I currently have. I'd be happy to look into your request a bit further down the line.

That’s okay. I agree with you, it would be nice to get the versions you already have published first. About that; You said you could maybe release it on sunday evening, which is today. Are you going to release it today or not?

• Yes, I did say it's not a lot of work. I don't have a mesh exported with only a lowered pantograph. It's one lowered and one raised panto combined, so I'd have to open Houdini and swap the raised pantographs for the lowered ones, and export it as a new mesh. Not a biggie, but additional work that I will put on the backburner until after the mod with its current contents is public. It's my first ever mod for TPF2 so the whole thing has been a ginormous learning curve and I find that some things I would do differently next time, such as not combining pantographs. At first I didn't realise I could just add multiple instanced of it into one .mdl file.
    Then in the model editor I'd have to remove the train driver, the light meshes and adapt the sound set to remove motor sounds. Altogether I'm sure it would cost me a half day to do, and right now I really want to get this baby onto the Workshop.

The mod is done btw. I'm working on small details such as images for the workshop and getting all the names and descriptions right.

• Sir Ludicrous I have slipped the UV maps into the mod folder, for any repaints you might want to do. If you navigate to the textures you should find a folder called "for_repaints" :)

It also has an image of the train consists and how I designated the carriages, as well as a little readme file to make sense of it. Hope that helps get things up to speed.

BlueBrixx