Ein paar Vorschläge für eventuellen Tpf2 Nachfolger

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• hm, aber was müsste denn passieren, dass jemand die Motivation hat, eine Drehscheibe zu animieren und einen Lokwechsel realistisch abzubilden? Ist das mit der Engine völlig unmöglich oder könnte man das, wenn man wollte?

( Bzgl. WOT: Bin gerade über die Reaktionen verwundert. Fragt bitte nicht, was top Clans mittlerweile für gute Spieler bezahlen, die spielen am Wochenende auch gern mal um unfassbar hohe Beträge. Klar, mit TPF2 könnte ich mir das jetzt auch net vorstellen ;o)

alles im Leben hat eine Kehrseite......zum Glück auch die schlechten Dinge im Leben 8o8)

• Fully dynamic locomotive turntable. . . In fact, I actually tried it during my vacation on May 1. . . .

Tracks/paths generated by TPF2's EDGE or NODE are automatically linked at adjacent interfaces. . . Likewise, all modules and commands of TPF2 can recognize/reference each other.

I have tried directly calling a 50m railway path through the SCRIPT and CON files, and then giving it a code command to rotate. Turn every 1 minute. . My original design was that when the locomotive entered the train turntable, the train would follow the path and rotate. . .

But unfortunately, the path parameters of TPF2 only have Boolean operation curves or straight lines between two points, and there is no rotation setting based on X, Y, and Z axes. . . . So this failed. .

Like the player's other wishlist:

Outer rail on a curved track is raised above inner rail.. This is also impossible to achieve through MOD in TPF2, unless the UG gives the game vehicle a rotation/tilt setting based on the Z axis and re-modifies the game's railway Orbital frame...

------------

Charges for MOD plugins. . I think mod authors who need sponsorship just put a sponsorship link in the mod. . .

Personally, I don't understand why some players spend a lot of money on virtual items, games are for relaxation and entertainment. . Buying genuine Games/DLC is an affirmation and support for developers. . . But a lot of money is spent on virtual items for the game. . Why? vanity?? The fact that krypton gold becomes stronger in the game does not mean that you are stronger in reality. .. Why don't you spend your money on a dinner party with friends/family, or get better brake pads/tires on your car. Buy better PC hardware or VR headset? ?

I always feel that if you really like trains or any vehicle, why not spend money on 1:87/64/160 model of a train/car or make a small sandtable scene yourself. . .

Aren't these more interesting than spending money to buy virtual items that you can only see but not touch? ?

?:/

• Zitat

But unfortunately, the path parameters of TPF2 only have Boolean operation curves or straight lines between two points, and there is no rotation setting based on X, Y, and Z axes. . . . So this failed.

It should be no problem to rotate any object around its center point, including tracks. But you had to turn track and locomotive at the same time and connect it to the outer tracks. I doubt if this is possible.

Indeed, a working turntable would be a nice vanilla feature and would be more important than car exhausts etc.

Zitat

Outer rail on a curved track is raised above inner rail.. This is also impossible to achieve through MOD in TPF2, unless the UG gives the game vehicle a rotation/tilt setting based on the Z axis and re-modifies the game's railway Orbital frame...

This would be very complex and so I understand why they haven't implemented it. You would need a fourth axis and so you had to re-write the complete code. And you had to find a solution for the transition areas between straights and superelevated curves. Very complex ... At least you can simulate different speed coefficients for superelevated and non-superelevated tracks as I do in some of my mods.

Zitat

I always feel that if you really like trains or any vehicle, why not spend money on 1:87/64/160 model of a train/car or make a small sandtable scene yourself. . .

Aren't these more interesting than spending money to buy virtual items that you can only see but not touch? ?

Yes, I think, games like TpF are good for people who don't have the money for real track layouts. And so should it be. If there are some new features, TpF can cost a little more, but not a three or four digit price. TpF is not AutoCad or Photoshop. Plugins/mods should always be free. If someone thinks his plugins or mods are valuable, he can put a donation button on his page as some modders do, and no one will worry abou it - except perhaps the tax authority :-)

... don't know much trigonometry ... don't know much about algebra ... don't know what a slide rule is for ...

• It should be no problem to rotate any object around its center point, including tracks. But you had to turn track and locomotive at the same time and connect it to the outer tracks. I doubt if this is possible.

Indeed, a working turntable would be a nice vanilla feature and would be more important than car exhausts etc.

Regarding the railway turntable, the methods I have tried so far are really unable to achieve the locomotive rotating following the path. . . Right now I have another idea that I can try when I have some free time. .I always feel. . Making MODs for TPF2, don't always follow the official design rules and framework requirements. . Bold brain holes and wild ideas can often toss out better things.:)

This would be very complex and so I understand why they haven't implemented it. You would need a fourth axis and so you had to re-write the complete code. And you had to find a solution for the transition areas between straights and superelevated curves. Very complex ... At least you can simulate different speed coefficients for superelevated and non-superelevated tracks as I do in some of my mods.

Yes, with the current release time and game content of TPF2, it is very difficult to make major changes to the game framework. . If UG really modified the railway track parameters of the game. . In addition to the player's game save. . . I guess all railtrack/station mod authors will going crazy. . . .MOD code updated and modified, and the parameters are updated.. Republish.... This is also what UG try to avoid.:D

• Emmmm.....Gentlemen. . .

I may have broken the dimensional wall of TPF2. . . .Looks like it worked.......8)

When your locomotive can adjust the cab direction on the turntable.This may really bring some changes to TPF2's railway transport. . .

Let me think about what this functional module can do in TPF2. .

----------------------------------------

---------------------------------------

• Emmmm.....Gentlemen. . .

I may have broken the dimensional wall of TPF2. . . .Looks like it worked.......8)

Always amazing how the statement "This doesn't work in TPF2" is taken ad absurdum here...!😊

Der Mensch ist nicht das, was er vorgibt zu sein - er ist das, was er verbirgt!

• wow, mega good

Code
    Regarding the money you have misunderstood me. In the past I played in a semi-professional clan, we participated in tournaments where money was at stake. Since I now play TPF2 very actively, but have no idea about programming, after someone took up the topic, I suggested releasing an add-on that can do something like that. That would be an incentive to create it. But of course, if someone likes to do it and you can donate, that's a great way too. I've also donated a number of times. I also understand that there are players here who only play economy and can't do anything with the digital model railway. That was also my idea for an add-on that only those who want to buy would buy.

Code
    Code

alles im Leben hat eine Kehrseite......zum Glück auch die schlechten Dinge im Leben 8o8)

• Code

Being able to compete in semi-professional games is really cool. Understandable.:) For a player like me who is very rookie in playing FPS games, I can only play CS or Left 4 Dead 2 online with my colleagues during my lunch break.....50% chance of losing the game. .:S

In addition, my reply did not say you, this is a misunderstanding. I'm referring to people who are addicted to online games and spend a lot of money in them.

• Code
    If you can really make the turntable work, I'd be happy to support you. Changing locomotives in a terminus would really be the highlight in this game. Since I play mostly in the period 1950 to 1979, I love the steam engines

• Code

It was yesterday that I saw that everyone was still discussing this topic. . So I suddenly had an idea at noon today, and then temporarily wrote a functional code for testing.

At present, I can only say that the first test was indeed successful. . .

There is still a lot of work to be done if it is to continue. . . For example, write SCRIPT and LUA, so that the turntable can automatically identify the locomotives on different tracks, and the functions and commands of the automatic rotation of the track on the turntable. After all, if many ideas are to be realized, It needs to be explored and tested slowly. .

• Zitat

There is still a lot of work to be done if it is to continue. . . For example, write SCRIPT and LUA, so that the turntable can automatically identify the locomotives on different tracks, and the functions and commands of the automatic rotation of the track on the turntable. After all, if many ideas are to be realized, It needs to be explored and tested slowly.

I say this is absolutely impossible so you will get it working next morning. ^^:D8)

... don't know much trigonometry ... don't know much about algebra ... don't know what a slide rule is for ...

• Ich weiß nicht ob es schon jemand vorgeschlagen hat: Ich würde es begrüßen, wenn es wie in OpenTTD möglich wäre in den Linien zwischen zwei Betriebsstellen eine Höchstgeschwindigkeit für Züge/LKW/Tram zu definieren. So könnte man den Durchfluss der Strecken besser steuern, wenn man schnellere Züge auf Mischstrecken etwas langsamer macht zwischen bei Wegpunkten oder Bahnhöfen.

Alternativ würde ich mir wünschen, dass man eine Vmax für Wegpunkte selbst definieren kann. Also das die Vorbeifahrt an einem bestimmten Wegpunkt automatisch die Geschwindigkeit des Zuges reduziert. Gibt ja gute Lf-Tafel-Sammlung als Wegpunkte.

• Einbau von Spezialgleisen geht zwar, aber führt zu einer Überfrachtung des Gleisangebots, bis niemand mehr durchblickt. Besser wäre es, wenn du über Kontakte/Wegpunkte oder Signalschaltungen lokale Langsamfahrstellen festlegen könntest.

• Eine realistische Wirtschaftssimulation setzt voraus, dass sich auch eingleisige Strecken wirtschaftlich betreiben lassen. Aber wenn ein Feature wie freie Signalschaltungen schon nicht serienmäßig eingebaut werden sollen, wünsche ich mir zumindest eine Schnttstelle, wo man sich dann selber was modden kann.

• Einbau von Spezialgleisen geht zwar, aber führt zu einer Überfrachtung des Gleisangebots, bis niemand mehr durchblickt

Nö. Ich habe da kein Problem mit. Hätte ich eher, wenn immer mehr karierte Gänseblümchen ins Spiel kommen, die aber alle das gleiche bewirken. Was würde denn so eine Wegpunkt-Mod Anderes machen, als die Vmax der Gleise zu beeinflussen? (was m.W. im Grundsatz schon nicht geht - gebaut ist gebaut) Genau das gibt es aber doch schon. Und über Signale sollten wir gar nicht erst reden, der Durchschnittsspieler kommt doch mit dem jetzigen Signalsystem schon kaum klar, wie man an den vielen Fragen und Tutorials sieht.

Eine realistische Wirtschaftssimulation setzt voraus, dass sich auch eingleisige Strecken wirtschaftlich betreiben lassen.

Tun sie. Ohne Probleme, denn das Spiel ist nun wirklich WiSim-mäßig nicht anspruchsvoll. Sollten sie nicht wirtschaftlich laufen, dann liegt es bestimmt nicht an solchen Fahrsimulator-Features.

• Momentan entwickle ich Meterspurgleise für diverse Geschwindigkeiten in Zehnerschritten. Eigentlich müsste es davon eine Variante mit 6 m und eine mit 5,5 m Fahrdrahthöhe geben. Und dazu noch Ausführungen mit und ohne Masten, alt und neu usw. Dasselbe dann für alle möglichen Spurweiten, mit Holz-, Blech und Betonschwellen. Und schon haben wir ein riesiges Variantengewusel für eigentlich nur wenige Gleistypen. Da wäre es doch einfacher, nur einen Gleistyp zu verlegen und die Geschwindigkeit - und auch andere Eigenschaften - im Nachhinein huckepack draufzulegen. Dasselbe haben wir auch bei Straßen, wo es ebenfalls eine sinnlose Typenvielfalt gibt.

Kompliziert wäre das gar nicht. Du klickst einfach eine Eigenschaft an und ordnest sie einem Streckenabschnitt zu. Wie es jetzt bereits mit Oberleitung, Busspur etc. geht.

Ich sehe durchaus den Konflikt zwischen Gamern und Schönbauern. Aber für Letztere sollte wenigstens eine Möglichkeit geschaffen werden, entsprechende betriebliche Erweiterungen über Mods zu installieren. Nichts anderes wünsche ich mir auch für eingleisige Strecken. Spätestens, wenn du mehr als drei Züge auf einer eingleisigen Strecke hast, bricht alles zusammen, und sowas ist dann eben unwirtschaftlich, geht aber beim Vorbild. Die Fahrplan-Mod reißt da schon einiges raus, wenn sie dann nur stabil funktionieren würde.

Nachtrag: Wenn sich ein für die Berechnung der Wirtschaftlichkeit völlig nutzloses Pfeifsignal über Wegpunkte steuern lässt, warum dann nicht auch Geschwindigkeiten? Optische und akustische Special Effects sind aus meiner Sicht absolut nachrangig.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von WernerK () aus folgendem Grund: Nachtrag

BlueBrixx