Update 5541 & 5552 ("UTF-8")

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Na eigentlich haben sie da schon früher geschossen und das Update betreibt lediglich Vergangenheitsbewältigung.
    Hätte, wenn und aber - ich weis. Trotzden wäre der Ärger allen erspart geblieben wenn das Thema von Beginn an glatt gezogen worden wäre.
    Aber das gehört nun mal dazu. Mist passiert eben und freuen wir uns mal das es jetzt "behoben" wurde und für den Rest der Tage nicht mehr stören sollte.

Finde im Übrigen die Modder klasse, welche seit wenigen tagen eine TFMM.ini + eine info.lua beilegen und auf Sonderzeichen bzw. Umlaute achten. Damit dürfte es kaum noch jemanden geben, der selbst Hand anlegen muss um das zum Laufen zu bekommen - Danke Folks :-)

• Muss man nur die ganzen Model Daten Konvertieren ? Wie ist das mit den Mods die im Mod ordner sind ?
    Kann ich eig. um mir alle zu erleichtern mit dem Converter Tool zu UTF 8 einfach ganz TF Konvertieren und dann manuell die Fehler ausbessern ?

&thumbnail=1

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Angry_CJ ()

• All this is well and good but I have no comprehension of what you are all saying, furthermore I'm having to translate everything in Google translate It might as well be in Martian. I have no idea what UTF-8 means and I tought a bom was dropped from a plane so could somebody tell what I'm supposed to do I just uninstall and give up on train fever?

• Hehe, its always an option ;-)

No. Honestly the only thing you need to do is to convert the problematic Mod's into a UTF-8 format.
    There are many formats to save a text file content depending what kind of special characters shall be included.
    UTF-8 is one of the standards. Most of systems going to use it. But some like we have seen with few mod's are not - need to get converted, that's it.

• UTF-8 is not a programming language, but a way to translate a text into computer-readable data and back.
    If you convert a file from ANSI to UTF-8, you as a user will notice nothing, but programs like Train Fever will notice!
    So to translate a file to UTF-8, do the following:

• Get Notepad++ from here: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/ That tool is useful for many things, an converting is just one of them.
    • Open the file with Notepad++.
    • Click the "Encoding" dropdown and choose Convert to UTF-8
    • Save file
    • Be happy!

"Wenn größere Fußballspiele oder gar Weihnachtseinkäufe im KaDeWe als hochgradig riskant eingestuft werden, haben die Terroristen schon gewonnen, ohne einen einzigen Sprengstoffgürtel gezündet zu haben."

Frank Jansen, Der Tagespiegel, Berlin, 15.11.15

• None of that explains what to change. I searched it but it literally goes over my head, 12 years ago I was involved in an accident and received a brain injury which left me partially paralysed also I struggle to learn new things TF is one of the few games I can play as I only use of one hand

• FIRST you'll have to identify which mod is giving you trouble. If the game doesn't tell you and simply goes black (like it did with me - Mac-User) you'll have to deinstall the Mods and reinstall them in small groups to find out. It will be only a couple of them.
    This may help, though it is partly outdated.

SECOND open the files of the "faulty" mods with said text editor and make sure you have checked "UTF-8" as encoding option.

• Usually the *.mdl files of that problem mod are affected.
    You can get it a little easier if you going to use the text editor 'smultron' on Mac. In this programm you can change the preferences in this way the editir will convert all text files to UTF-8 coding once they get opened with it. Than just save and close, that's easy.

But first discover which mod package causes trouble than use the text editor to fix it.

If its hard to remember just print out the advices and follow step by step.

• 1 is baltimore_penn_station and the other is Liège-Guillemins which have been the two that have caused the greatest problem there were other and without re-trying to install them all again I couldn't tell you. Liège-Guillemins had been fine until a recent TF update I was getting a message to ignore which meant they did not become available in the game. I'm on Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. the platform is on a IMac running boot camp.

• I see, than look for a Windows text editor able to change settings to enable specified UTF-8 coding and for example look inside the Liege mod pack for all files ending with .mdl and convert them. After this you can use the pack without trouble :-)

Or if it becomes more convienient at all for you just look at GOG for the Mac OSX standalone version, so you dont need to use bootcamp and can run the game direct at OSX.

• Or if it becomes more convienient at all for you just look at GOG for the Mac OSX standalone version, so you dont need to use bootcamp and can run the game direct at OSX.

He can't run the Mac Version on Windows :P

G_Pilcher:
    On Windows you can use Notepad or also the free downloadable Notepad++.
    On Standard Notepad (or also called "Editor", depending on the Windows Version, it's always the the tool with the small blue notepad) just oben the file, select "Save as..:" and change coding to UTF-8. The Name stays the same. So If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Our answers will also be more precise the more detailed your questions are.

• Zitat

He can't run the Mac Version on Windows

He runs Windows on IMac with Bootcamp using - But for sure can run the Mac version on IMac without bootcamp and Windows ;-)

• Hallo liebe Leute!
    Können wir nicht zur deutschen Sprache zurückkehren? Mir ist das Thema zu kompliziert um Lösungen auch noch in englischer Sprache zu verstehen.
    "He runs Windows on IMac with Bootcamp using - But for sure can run the Mac version on IMac without bootcamp and Windows" versteh ich - wie vieles anderer - einfach nicht.

Andererseits: Wo bekomme ich denn nun verständliche Informationen, um Train Fever wieder so genießen zu können wie das einst der Fall war?

Gruß
    Mainzer

• Ich finde es sehr nett von euch, jemanden in Englischer Sprache zu helfen der kein Deutsch spricht.
    Aber es soll auch Deutsche geben, die nur etwas (wie ich 8) ) oder gar kein Englisch sprechen. Da wäre es schon schön,
    wenn wir das auch alles verstehen könnten, was hier in Englisch diskutiert wird. ^^ Mein Schulenglisch ist schon sehr in die Jahre gekommen. :whistling:

BlueBrixx