[ModManager] TFMM - Train Fever Mod Manager

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• @DarkMo genau wie ich solche Sachen nur merke kannst Du es auch nicht einfach so "Wissen" - muss einem Halt erst mal jemand sagen.
    Update Version 1.0.170 ist draußen.
    TFMM akzeptiert nun auch Großbuchstaben in der ID, wandelt diese aber in Kleinbuchstaben um -> Hinblick auf "Abhängigkeiten" bei Systemen wo Groß & Kleinschreibung wichtig ist.

• I have now installed v1.0.170 of TFMM. I can see that the start button is now gone, but the same troubble is still confusing me.

1 First I reinstalled all mods (20:14)
    2 I ran TF for a minute and saved it.
    3 Checked the folders and nothing was changed. See screen shot below "Before TFMM"
    4 Started TFMM (at 20:24) (there is a window poping up at start of TFMM, but it's automatically closed very quick, I can't see the text)
    5 I closed TFMM (exit)
    6 I can now see that all the folders got a new time 20:24, see screen shot "AFTER start of TFMM". My conclusion TFMM 1.0.170 (and earlier versions) does something with the folders
    7 Starting TF and error occurs, same mods are now missing....again

8 I can start TFMM again and Close it after the mods are declared missing in TF. The folders are not updated, as long as I don't save the game in TF.
    Please note the mod folders are not changed when saveing game in TF !

/Karl

Before TFMM

After start of TFMM

Here it is, how it looks in TF, I'm using Swedish version

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von melectro ()

• This is very strange. So obviously for you, some mod folders are accessed when starting TFMM - (I don't know why) - and somehow this causes TF to no longer recognize the mods. However, the mod folders are still there with the same name - only the access date is different.
    In order to further find the bug:
    1. Is this screenshot showing the "Train Fever/mods/" folder or the "Train Fever/TFMM/libray/" folder?
    2. Could you take a look inside one of the mod folders and check which of the files are changed? The folder date should reflect the date of the latest change to a file inside this folder. I want to check which file is changed and maybe we can guess why this causes TF to not recognize the mod anymore.

• Mean while looking for a solution, it would have been nice if TFMM got an extra column with date and time. In this case I could sort and get all the involved mods in the top of the list.

This is very strange. So obviously for you, some mod folders are accessed when starting TFMM - (I don't know why) - and somehow this causes TF to no longer recognize the mods. However, the mod folders are still there with the same name - only the access date is different.
    In order to further find the bug:
    1. Is this screenshot showing the "Train Fever/mods/" folder or the "Train Fever/TFMM/libray/" folder?
    2. Could you take a look inside one of the mod folders and check which of the files are changed? The folder date should reflect the date of the latest change to a file inside this folder. I want to check which file is changed and maybe we can guess why this causes TF to not recognize the mod anymore.

1) It is the mod folder in TrainFever, I:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Train Fever\mods

2) After comparing a backup of the mod folders I selected one, modulare Wartungshalle
    I found that the folder for this mod when working has only the first sub folder "res", but after the TFMM has been started, it now got the res and "info.lua"
    info.zip

I checked all the files in all sub folders and there are none that has been changed. It seem that TFMM creates this info.lua file.

/Karl

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von melectro ()

• Okay, then the real problem isn't that TFMM creates the info.lua.
    The problem is that the info.lua is not created when installing the mod for the first time.
    The info.lua should be there all the time, also directly after installing the mod.

I have to look in the source code but I think TFMM will create any missing info.lua files upon starting the program.
    Obviously, TF does not recognize the mod anymore although the mod ID does not change!

In order to load your savegame with the mods cotianing info.lua just deselect all "old" mods from the save game and add their "new" versions. It should work without a problem. As soon as you save this game again, the next time there should not be any problem.

I will check the source if there is a problem with the info.lua creation during mod installation.
    I will also bring back the "Start Train Fever" button.

// Additional information:
    On this topic: If somebody manually places a mod without any info.lua to the "mods/" folder and then starts TFMM, TFMM may create a new info.lua - this could cause problems if TF does not recognize the mod anymore. I will have to check this...

• Thank you for the tip of deselect and reselect the mods at loading the saved game. I sadly follow the instruction inside TF to deinstall the failing mods. Anyway now the mods are working. I presiate your work and I will do some testing if you like, after I can see a new update of TFMM, ofcourse.

best regards
    Karl

• Hallo

Als erstes einmal ein großes Danke für den TFMM.
    Vielleicht kannst du dich noch erinnern:

Das heißt aber das TFMM theoretisch, wenn bei einem Mod denn man installiert hat ein Update vorliegt ,eine Meldung bringen könnte.

In der Version 1.0.170 ist die Liste inzwischen mit dabei.
    Könnte man in der Liste "Online Datenbank" bei der Option "Filter Modifikationen" noch eine Auswahl "Installierte" einfügen?
    Das wäre dann deutlich besser zum Update suchen.
    Oder am besten eine Auswahl mit "Installierte mit Update". :thumbsup:
    Falls das machbar ist, da ich mich mit Datei-Lesen in Programmen nicht sehr gut auskenne.... :S

Danke
    Valentin

• Hallo Xanos,
    Mein PC Bzw Windows Entfernt TFMM einfach.
    Von jetzt auf gleich meint Windows das es eine Schadsoftware wäre.
    Ich habe es ganz normal über das Forum bzw deiner Verlinkung für TFMM Heruntergeladen. Dann wie sonst auch in den TF Edit (Worüber ich es öffne) Ordner hinein gepackt. Jedoch wie gesagt, Entfernt Windows das gleich. Sonst hatte ich die Auswahl, es zu Ignorieren oder es erst gar nicht zu Starten.
    Habe Windows 10 und die Stabilste Letzte TFMM version.
    Am Pc ist sonst nichts, alles läuft prima.

BlueBrixx