[TPF2][WIP] - <Urban expansion project package> for (TPF2) lol

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• I will continue to take the time to modify the mod tonight. In addition to adding fakebogie, maybe I can make an FBX with animation for the basket and sling to swing back and forth.

At present, there is another problem I want to try to solve, which is the effect of the fuselage tilting forward when the helicopter takes off and accelerates to climb. . .

I haven't figured out how to implement this in TPF2 game yet. . After this problem is solved, I think I can make a V-22 "Osprey" transport helicopter.

PS: Also, I sent you a forum private message with a ZIP file.;)

----------------------------

• WOW! Das ist wirklich großes Kino. Wahnsinns Arbeit von dir. Respekt und danke dafür.

Jetzt könnte man auch Bergstationen oder Bohrinseln mit einem Heli versorgen. :-)

Offshore-Ölplattformen haben bereits mit der Herstellung begonnen. Spieler können Hubschrauber oder Schiffe verwenden, um Rohöl zu transportieren.:)

Die Spieler können den Schwierigkeitsgrad selbst bestimmen, nachdem sie den Schwierigkeitsgrad erhöht haben, müssen die Spieler Hubschrauber/Schiffe einsetzen, um Maschinen, Werkzeuge und Lebensmittel für die Offshore-Bohrinsel zu transportieren. Um die reibungslose Förderung von Rohöl von Offshore-Bohrinseln zu gewährleisten.

• Das würde sich aber auch sehr gut machen als Bus terminal;-)

• Wenn du DH-106 erklärst, wie du es hinbekommen hast, das du TPF-Luftfahrzeuge zum senkrechten Starten bringst, kann sie (oder er?) mit den Zeppelinen weitermachen/anfangen.

DH-106 Auf welches Problem sind Sie gestoßen?

Außerdem arbeitet Remi Gio an einem Luftschiff-Mod.

Derzeit modelliere ich eine Luftschiffstation. Sollte mit den Luftschiff-Mods aller anderen Mod-Autoren kompatibel sein. Es ist keine spezielle Modifikation erforderlich.

• Ah, I just got home from get off work. . . The 6 hour time difference between Asia and Europe is indeed a troublesome situation that affects communication. . I saw that post. . (Based on my poor German, I'll reply in English...)

--------------------

To be precise, for the flying vehicle, I don't need too many changes. . What I redid in TPF2 is the part based on the airport framework. This is to ensure the maximum compatibility of the mod with the works of other authors. (In addition, I am not a professional programmer, everything is just a personal hobby. The following content is mainly my own experience and experience of making MOD, which may be very unprofessional.)

--------------------

For TPF2, UG has made a lot of adjustments and optimizations when developing games. Compared with the TF / TPF-1 era, UG has simplified and modularized all kinds of Lua, API, SCRIPT, and module calls. . These TPF2 era designs have indeed brought convenience to MOD production, especially for MOD authors, which simplifies the complexity of MOD production, which is very good. .

However, the modularized bring convenience to MOD making, but also cause trouble to the scalability of MOD. This is what I feel deeply. . . Why do I say this? Let me give an example. Taking the TPF2 industry as an example, many authors should also be considering the integration of various industries, such as the integration of bus stations/train stations with the industry. Add more functions and modules. . . But if you write the mod exactly according to the TPF2 code format, you will find that this will not be successful. You can't put various modules together. They are equal, but cannot coexist. . You can't use the IF command either. . The original design purpose of UG should be better MOD writing and running efficiency. . But it does bring constraints to the expansion ability of MOD, there are pros and cons. . . .(This is the most intuitive feeling I currently feel when making mods, there may be mistakes. Yoshi )

Therefore, if you want to expand the MOD function in TPF2 and integrate your own ideas and creativity into MOD, please throw away the MOD writing ideas in TPF2 format first. This convenient design will limit you to the framework. .

When making helicopter and seaplane mods, I have also experienced many attempts and failures. If I make MODs according to the fixed format of TPF2, it is estimated that I am still in the process of solving various module conflicts or module function failures. . . . . For the airport processing, the first thing I have to do is to discard some module calls and some parameter commands. The consequence of this is that the passenger/cargo modules cannot coexist. But it also unlocks my limitations when making mods. Why do I have to write various local slots XXXX parameter commands? Why do I have to write a command to load XXXXmodules? ? Is initialModules XXXX really what I have to use for MOD? ? ? And in order to accommodate the previous bunch of commands and parameter definitions, I have to set up various parameters of the airport runway. . . What will these codes do for the mod I'm making now? ? ? ? so. . . All I have to do is. . Throw away these modules and code! ! ! Now, I call the shots at my airport.

All commands, modules, and functions of TPF2 are actually similar or even common, and modularity means that you can discard one or more of them separately, and then load new content. . Abandon the unnecessary codes and commands in the MOD, simplify everything to meet the needs of your MOD production, and then carry out targeted function writing and optimization and loading of various additional modules on this basis. .

All settings of TPF2 are actually universal, and the problem of TPF2 is the coexistence and conflict of various modules after modularization. . In TPF2, a type=XX may change the definition and properties of a model. . So, if the parameters of a bus stop are changed, can it also stop the plane?

Never, never, never rigidly follow the fixed format of TPF2 to make your mods, you can enjoy the convenience brought by modularization and code simplification, but it may also limit your play. And what you have to do is to jump out of the fixed ideas that may arise when making TPF2-MOD.

Brain holes, creativity, and flexibility are the basis for ensuring that you make interesting mods.

• Sorry for the late response... First of all, I´ll concur with what has been written many times on here; the stuff You roll out of Your doors is not only very impressive and shows a lot of skill and dedication, it also adds some welcome spice to the game :)

Now, to the airships: there indeed is a collaborative attempt from @RemiGio and me to get the TPF1 airships working in 2 as well. He has come up with some rather nice terminals (he is the master of airports on here after all), but we both could not yet solve the parking problem: it seems that the game requires (or required?) air vehicles to park nose-in and then turn around to leave their parking bay. With smallish aircraft (compared to airships), this may not look perfect but is acceptable; with airships already way smaller than the Hindenburg, it looks plain wrong.

So while the solution to this is still pending, we shelved the project a while ago. But there is a set of beautiful airship terminals sitting somewhere on his hard drive and a massively revised set of corresponding 1910s to 1940s airships on mine since then. Both are already tested and running in the game in theory, it is just that little snag that has kept us from finishing and rolling out the set.

• Hey there!

Indeed there are small and large airship terminals on my hardrive somewhere that were meant to be placed on a custom airship airfield. They still require some work as DH-106 rightfully pointed out - we shelved the project awaiting a solution to the airship parking stop cunundrum. Meanwhile a fleet of beautifully designed Zeppelins awaits at DH-106's workshop/hangar to be unmoored!

hugedragonyk - your mods are awesome, one of a kind and very innovative! I honestly think that your helicopter mod once released can be very helpufl in addressing the problem with airship stop. I'm quite curious!

As I understand it : a skyskraper (helicopter/airship station) idea has been incoporated into hugedragonyk's helicopter mod which makes me very happy!

Huge congratulations on your work/solutions thus far! Well done :thumbup:

Good evening to you all and looking forward to the helicopter mod release! ;)

• -------------------2022.07/16--------------

Debugging now~ Offshore Oil Rig (uep2-12b)

Mod Expansion Preview for UEP2-12a Helicopter/Heliport MOD

Industry + Helicopter + Dock + Shipyard

Get ready to start your new Transport fun. . .8)

-------------------------------------------------

A video of the mod running test.

So, happy weekend~:)

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

------------------------------------------------------

BlueBrixx